Wednesday 4 September 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 04/09/13

I promise some day soon I'll be back on track but apologies again for my tardiness this morning. Blame Stewart Black for having a birthday today and Lady Punka for dragging me to Asda to buy an angry bird birthday cake at some ungodly hour.

Ungodly hour? Never thought about that before. If the early hours are ungodly this implies that this omnipotent god of your's only does day shifts. Bit lazy for a deity. Bet the Norse Gods didn't have time off. Too busy having fun with hammers and sheep. To be fair all my hours are ungodly as a lapsed atheist.

Anyway, I have a whole day off and have filled it with coffee and a hair cut. My dad (Jim Morrison) and me share the same view on hair cuts. To quote, 'Some of my biggest mistakes have been hair cuts.' Thankfully not too much damage was done.

Coffee was lovely only for me to get accosted heading home. First up were two green morphs asking me about my light bulbs. They refused to believe me when I said I don't own a light bulb. I took offence at their insistence that I must own a light bulb. Who says I have to own a light bulb? They offered me a free one. I asked if that would construe ownership. They left me alone then.

And then outside the Frenchgate some little man was kicking off at anyone he could. A general dislike of all objects and all living things seemed to be his problem. Of course he decided that I should be the main outlet for his anger with the line, 'What's to stop me knocking you out?' I'm delighted to say my response of 'About 18 inches' got a round of applause. I thangu.

I meant to mention in yesterday's blog about the guy in The Leopard on Saturday evening who approached the bar upstairs while X-SLF were playing, watched me finish serving other people, then asked 'Does this bar work?' Idiot!

Right, gotta dash, someone's tidied my room and I cant find a thing.

Laters

Playlist Wednesday 04/09/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Mrs. Robinson - Lemonheads
Speak Like A Child - The Style Council
(All I Wanted Was) Danger - The Milk
Procession - New Order
Born Under A Bad Sign - Richard Hawley
Brassneck - The Wedding Present
My Very Favourite Stalker - The Adulescents UK
007 - Desmond Dekker And The Aces
Watch Yourself (Live) - The Darlingtons
After Hours - We Are Scientists
Cemetry - Bang Bang Romeo
Island In The Sun - Weezer
What You Do To Me - Teenage Fanclub
Mind - The Farm
Valerie - Mark Ronson ft. Amy Winehouse
Whisky In The Jar - Thin Lizzy
Pretty Vacant - The Sex Pistols
Bagboy - Pixies
Stay (Faraway, So Close) - U2
Middle Sea - Yuck
Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club
Reel Around The Fountain - The Smiths
Back On The Chain Gang - The Pretenders
Crocodiles - Echo And The Bunnymen
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers


No comments:

Post a Comment