Tuesday 28 May 2013

BAIBS Tuesday 28/05/13

So I didn't get much sleep last night and I think part of the reason was the massive bee that came storming through the back door just before I went to bed. Like most people I don't have a problem with bees. Think it's the honey and pollinating stuff. Plus the whole if they sting you they'll die thing. Is that actually true? Not like wasps who will sting you for fun though and then go and brag to all their mates about it. I pondered trying to catch it but realised I don't have a mug big enough. I was watching it fly around the ceiling when I saw it. The monstrous spider clinging to the picture rail. The picture rail was coming off the wall due to the sheer weight of this beast. The last time I saw an arachnid this big was in a zoo. I struggle with spiders. Pathetic I know. Useful house pets they may be but they just look wrong. I could see some epic battle ensuing and thought I'd leave them to it. My money was on the spider. So I lay in bed fully expecting to be kept awake by the crashing of furniture or at least the rumble setting off the alarm but all was eerily quiet. Maybe an uneasy truce had developed. Maybe, as in The Great War they were playing football. My money would still be on the spider. But instead of coming down to a trashed living room and wings and legs all over the floor all was as I left it but with no sign of either combatant. I just know they're lurking somewhere. Biding their time. Saying that there's a lump in my boot that wasn't there yesterday. Think I've found the spider.

I can still taste sambuca, more of that later, so have just gone to have a rinse and noticed the mouth wash of choice is family friendly. I urgently suggest you go check your mouth wash and if it doesn't say family friendly check it for razor blades or something.

As you know I'm now working at The Leopard which can be a double edged sword when I'm doing the upstairs bar. I'll name no names but some bands just shouldn't be let loose on an undeserving public. Then you get gigs like this past week which has seen 7 quality bands play in the space of 4 days. The Talks, The Image, Kiziah And The Kings, Young Kato, Kismet Ryding, Bang Bang Romeo and Dexters all played blazing sets. Another downside was that the bar was that heaving on Sunday and I barely caught Bang Bang Romeo's set. I made up for it though by (shameless name dropping moment) sharing a few beers with Young Kato and Dexters. Both bands are gonna be huge. And if you ever get chance to party with Dexters do it. They do like their sambuca though. 36 hours later I'm still struggling. It's their fault I missed yesterday's show. Honest.

Just heard an irritated buzzing. I'm off to investigate.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 28/05/13

Papa'a Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
Oceans - Dexters
Chemical - Bang Bang Romeo
We Take Care Of Our Own - Bruce Springsteen
Can Stand The Rain - The Talks
Never Fade Away - Spector
The Pretender - Foo Fighters
Pictures Of You - The Cure
Nine - Twin Bears
Kings For The Weekend - Missing Andy
When Love Breaks Down - Prefab Sprout
Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie And The Banshees
Revolution - Young Kato
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay
Ripples - The Coopers
Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones
I Got You - Split Enz
Weather With You - Crowded House
Happy Again - The Inspectors
Johnny Come Home - Fine Young Cannibals
Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC
Night Mail - Public Service Broadcasting
Diamonds Are Forever - Arctic Monkeys
Like A Dancer - The Enemy
Paradise City - Guns 'n' Roses
Antmusic - Adam And The Ants
Gunslingers - Section 60
The Joyful Kilmarnock Blues - The Proclaimers
Fortunate Son - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Blood, Sweat And Tears - The D.O.T.
Recovery - Frank Turner
When Tomorrow Comes - Eurythmics
Legacy - The Ratells
Your Day - The Inspectors
45 - The Gaslight Anthem
The Killing Moon - Echo And The Bunnymen
The Prince - Madness
Al Capone - Prince Buster
White Riot - The Clash
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment