Thursday 9 May 2013

BAIBS Thursday 09/05/13

A seriously late blog today. I was finishing cataloging all the songs from The 80 hour Biggest Show. I say finishing, I'd lost all the work I did when I started so it was all done from scratch. I did say I'd post the full playlist on here but after 5 hours it fills 19 pages and consists of 837 songs. A few repeats, as is to be expected. Rufus and Chaka Khan's Ain't Nobody was played 3 times. I don't remember it being played once. Blame Mr. Kelly. One Step Beyond got 3 plays too though once was in Italian. (Un passo oltre). Most played bands seemed to be The 48ks, though this included a 3 song live set, Deacon Blue (probably the band myself and Mark agree most on) and, I'm delighted to say, The Waterboys. It's not all quality though. Disturbingly the song that took us to the 800 mark was LMFAO's I'm Sexy And I Know It. Again, blame MK. I will post the full list on a separate blog if anyone really wants to see it.

It was a pleasure, as always, to be joined on today's show by Annette and Bo Ramsay to talk about the mid-teenz/rock for youth event starting at the Dome on Friday May 17th. The idea is to provide a platform for young people interested in all aspects of the music industry. I can't do it justice here but all details can be found at http://www.midteenz.co.uk/   As per Bo had his guitar but for once took some persuading to give us a tune. Memories of a jet lagged post Borneo performance on the aforementioned biggest show were clouding his judgement.

Anyway, like I said it's a late one and I've work to do.

Laters

SS

Playlist Thursday 09/05/13

 Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
Never Fade Away - Spector
Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People
Local Boy In The Photograph - Stereophonics
Wetsuit - The Vaccines
Dancer - Auction For The Promise Club
Holidays In The Sun - Sex Pistols
Story Of The Blues - The Mighty WAH!
Enjoy The Silence - Depeche Mode
Nothing Our Way - Frankie And The Heartstrings
Memories - Jery At Controls
To Be Like - China Rats
Electric Co - U2
Kiss It Away - Mo Bellamy
Days Are Forgotten - Kasabian
Mother - The Mo Bellamy Quartet

David 'Bo' Ramsay Live Session
Whisper
Neverland
Hurt 


Not Too Young - The Tricks
Saturn 5 - Inspiral Carpets
A Ton Of Love - The Editors
The Way I Tend To Be - Frank Turner
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths
Novelty - Joy Division
She Will - Savages
Ripples - The Coopers
Sheep - The Housemartins
Love Is - The Beautiful South
The Universal - Blur
I Ran (So Far Away) - A Flock Of Seagulls
We Didn't Start The Fire - Billy Joel
Jukebox Generation - Goldblade
Molly Gray - The DN Allstars
Soul Man - Sam And Dave
Denis - Blondie
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers


No comments:

Post a Comment