Thursday 16 May 2013

BAIBS Thursday 16/05/13

This morning is not going well at all. For a start that sentence nearly said this morning isn't gonad at all, which doesn't even make sense. The show was fine, it's post show that's the problem. I lazily decided to get the bus home and then narrowly avoided getting run over by the bus I'd just alighted from. Walked straight past my house. Totally missed it. Only lived here 6 months. Walked in and despite the alarm making it's 'I'm here! Turn me off!' noises went straight into the kitchen to put the kettle on wondering what all the racket was about. Finally sat down to do this, left my coffee in the kitchen. Got up and fell over due to my right leg preempting the standard nap and going to sleep way before the rest of me.

And now there's a spider sporting a bandana, four eye patches and smoking a cheroot between me and the custard creams.

I'm gonna annoy you now and say those words guest list again. Yes I'm at The Leadmill tonight on Public Service Broadcasting's guest list. Me and the erstwhile JJ from The First 45 heading over for a hugely anticipated gig. Well, the radio stuff is all voluntary so a few perks don't go amiss. I've a weekend of guest lists actually. Sandall Park Fake Fest and Section 60 at Sheffield O2 on Saturday. Sadly I can't do both and with a wedding to attend (another guest list) I might not make either. You'll know on Monday.

Another splendid live session on today's show from Donny's own Missing Pages. I think, since the show took on it's current format, i.e. just me presenting it, Missing Pages were the first to do a live session. They were great back then and they just bet better and better. With a debut album due out soon and many a gig hopefully things are looking good for the Page brothers, 2 of the nicest and most appreciative guys on the Donny music scene by the way.

Well I've work to do and a gig to attend and my leg is still refusing to wake.

Laters

SS

Playlist Thursday 16/05/13

Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
Down In The Tube Station At Midnight - The Jam
Beat The Clock - Sparks
Bats - The Darlingtons
Lullaby - The Cure
Blood, Sweat And Tears - The D.O.T.
Dave - Missing Andy
Open Your Eyes - Snow Patrol
Pelvis Pusher - Vintage Trouble
Adore Me Dear - Bang Bang Romeo
Recover - Dexters
High On A Hill - Ian McNabb
Brother, You Must Walk Your Path Alone - The Electric Soft Parade
Holy Diver - Dio
Signal 30 - Public Service Broadcasting
Starman - David Bowie
Another Girl, Another Planet - The Only Ones
Ride - The Vines

Missing Pages Live Session
Little Ray Of Light
Mountains

Pyra - Missing Pages
Temptation - Heaven 17
Falling Down - The 48ks
Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus
Can You Dig It? - The Mock Turtles
Alright - Supergrass
Live Forever - Oasis
Eighth Day - Hazel O'Connor
Just Like A Woman - Bob Dylan
Summer's Child - The Coopers
Man On The Moon - R.E.M.
Roadrunner - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers
End Of A Century - Blur
All Or Nothing - Small Faces
Waiting On The Doorstep - Filthy Boy
Wide Open Space - Mansun
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Chevy Thunder - Spector
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers





No comments:

Post a Comment