Tuesday 14 May 2013

BAIBS Tuesday 14/05/13

おはよう; こんにちは, やあ; ごきげんよう, さようなら 

I hope that's right. Anyway, hello Japan.

So I survived the kippers to blog another day. Failed to get to the RockBar last night though. Apologies to Jimmy Mac! Next week mate. So what does today have in store? To be fair if I don't know then how will you? I seemed to have been taken over by rhetorical questions. What can I do? OK it's getting silly now. Isn't it?

I've a stack of new music to wade through. As you can imagine we get sent tons of stuff to listen to at Sine FM, both new and established artists. It's a mixed blessing. For every gem unearthed there's always something that can only be called a crime against humanity. I won't name names but if you hear owt new on tomorrow's show you can presume it came from this afternoon's session. I get lazy so put off listening til there's too much piled up to ignore. I'm at the can't ignore stage. I'd be no good in a job that has in and out boxes. 

As I mentioned sometime ago Sine are letting me loose in Europe. We're jetting out on June 10th for a  community radio conference in Strasbourg with members of the European parliament. I'm travelling with the Kellys, Mark and Jon. Actually we're going by train, for my money the only way to travel across Europe. What's the train equivalent of jetting? As cultural attaches go it's more Les Patterson than Alec Guinness. Still I'm looking forward to it immensely, mostly because of Mark's insistence that he's fluent in French. 

I better go and start wading through this pile of CDs.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 14/05/13

Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
Fast Fuse - Kasabian
Valley Of The Dolls - Generation X
Good Enough - Dodgy
Too Much Pressure - The Selecter
Girl From Mars - Ash
It Can't Be Me - The 48ks
Bucket - Kings Of Leon
Lullaby - The Cure
Gunslingers - Section 60
Feel Like This - Missing Andy
What Do I Get? - The Buzzcocks
The Opener - The Courteneers
Pump It Up - Elvis Costello And The Attractions
Waterfall - The Stone Roses
One Drop - P.I.L.
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
By Your Hand - Los Campesinos
Love Is A Wonderful Colour - The Icicle Works
A-Punk - Vampire Weekend
Under China - Auction For The Promise Club
The Eton Rifles - The Jam
New Rose - Guns 'n' Roses
Ripples - The Coopers
Better - The Tricks
Babies - Pulp
On A Day Like This - Elbow
Talk Tonight - Oasis
Rain - The Cult
It's Alright, It's OK - Primal Scream
Take Her Back - The Pigeon Detectives
Burn - Deep Purple
Mack The Knife - Frank Sinatra
Baggy Trousers - Madness
What A Day That Was - Talking Heads
Wild, Wild Life - Talking Heads
Laser Love T-Rex
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
(All I Wanted Was) Danger - The Milk
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers


No comments:

Post a Comment