Wednesday 1 May 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 01/05/13

There's a bottle of water lurking next to the laptop. Oh yes, definitely lurking. Several things about it at first confused me and now are just annoying me. Where to start? It's moonflower and ylang flavoured. I'm not gonna waste time googling but surely there is no such plant as a moonflower, unless it's a nocturnal sunflower. And ylang? YLANG!!? That can't be a thing. Gotta be a made up word. Hang on.


I sit corrected. It's some kind of tree known for it's fragrant oil. Smells a bit like custard apparently. I'm gonna have to check moonflower now. OK Moonflower is a Santana album from 1977. Odd thing to flavour water with. I don't get pre-flavoured water. If you must flavour it do it yourself. I personally am happy enough with water as it is. I certainly don't want it with infused with essence of custard and Mexican guitarist. And I've just noticed it is specifically 'ironing water.' Water to stick in your iron. Someone's taking someone for a ride here. Bit like Mark Hughes' agent. When I were a lad water was water. Occasionally someone would refer to either hard or soft water, which still baffles me, but that was it.

Not sure today's afternoon nap was a successful one if I'm ranting about water. Thought I better get one in though. It's the wedding bash for The Home Run's Mark Kelly and (checks watch) Tracey Kelly (Wroe as was) tonight. I lied. I don't own a watch. My point is it's gonna be a late and messy one so the nap was required. And tomorrow's show is already sat at Sine FM waiting to dazzle your ears so I get a lie in tomorrow.

So it's May Day. The day for dancing round poles. I'm a big fan of women dancing round poles. What? Men with bells on their trousers waving coloured handkerchiefs you say? Ah. Well, each to their own.

Was gonna sign off but got interrupted by Rob Dannatt ringing to find out what I'm wearing to the do tonight. Not sure if he was worried about clashing or what. Big girl!

Anyway,

Laters

SS

Playlist 01/05/03

Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
Sit Down - James
Dave - Missing Andy
Regret - New Order
Dreadlock Holiday - 10cc
The Distance - Funeral For A Friend
Chapel Of Love - Elton John
How Soon Is Now - The Smiths
Cabron - Red Hot Chili Peppers
The 8 O' Clock Blues - Famous Villains
Motorcycle Emptiness - Manic Street Preachers
Always Like This - Bombay Bicycle Club
Miss You - The Rolling Stones
5 Years Time - Noah And The Whale
Rat Trap - The Boomtown Rats
Forced To Run - Rita Payne
Sally Cinnamon - The Stone Roses
Pure - The Lightning Seeds
Spinning Plates - Middleman
Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club
Sacrilege - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The KKK Took My Baby Away - The Ramones
VPL - Gbone
It's The End Of The World As We Know It - R.E.M.
Nothing Our Way - Frankie And The Heartstrings
Bring On The Dancing Horses - Echo And The Bunnymen
Goodbye Kiss - Kasabian
Shelter Song - The Temples
Men's Needs - The Cribs
Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jnr.
Walkaway - Cast
Barney Rubble - The Twang
Under China - Auction For The Promise Club
Everyday Is Like Sunday - Morrissey
Start To Run - Dexters
Chasing Rainbows - Shed 7
Lip Up Fatty - Bad Manners
When Doves Cry - Prince
Song 2 - Blur
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment