Tuesday 21 May 2013

BAIBS Tuesday 21/05/13

Well it seem an age since I've blogged. 4 days in actual fact. The main reason for starting this blog was to post the play list of the show so no radio show = no blog. Unless I throw a gig review out there. I failed to get to the radio on Friday and Monday both due to gigs the previous night. Admittedly my failure yesterday was purely cos OPM didn't want to go home after playing The Leopard Sunday night. They spent longer having a beer with their fans than they did on stage. Quality night though.

I'm writing this blog with an injury. Managed to sustain a paper cut during this morning's show and now I've managed to spray deodorant directly onto the cut. Trust me, it's pigging agony. Ah, another deodorant mishap to go along the time I managed to spray it directly into my eye or sprayed shaving foam under my armpits in a still half asleep attempt to get ready.

So since we last spoke I've done 4 gigs, a wedding and Rovers have got a new manager. The weekend was far too hectic for me to blog about. Basically I can't remember much about it. Short blog again today, had to get a nap in and I'm at work in just over an hour. It's all go.

Today's playlist is heavy with The Doors. Keyboard player Ray Manzarek died yesterday. I think all music fans have a Doors stage were they are simply the most important thing you can possibly listen too. You may move on but that dependence on The Doors is always lurking. Partly it's the mysticism of Jim Morrison, the live fast die young ethos that we all like to think we have whereas in reality we want to live at a steady pace and die at a ripe old age with the odd Morrison moment thrown in earlier rather than later. But their music shouldn't be lost in all the romanticism. One of the most innovative, influential bands that ever existed. Tunes driven by Manzarek's keyboard just as much as Krieger's  guitar and Morrison's voice and poetry. For  me Ray Manzarek almost reinvented the use of the keyboard in rock music. Taking it from a supporting role to a crucial, sound defining role in The Doors catalogue. The man was a pioneer.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 21/05/12

People Are Strange - The Doors
Light My Fire - The Doors
Night Mail - Public Service Broadcasting
Second Minute Or Hour - Jack Penate
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
Rose Tattoo - The Dropkick Murphys
Star - James
Peaches - In The Valley Below
Soul Uncensored - Section 60
Nothing Our Way - Frankie And The Heartstrings
Like A Dancer - The Enemy
Dreaming - Blondie
Front Row - The Fallows
L.A. Woman - The Doors
Johnny Come Lately - Steve Earle
Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths
Legacy - The Ratells
Given To Fly - Pearl Jam
Just Like A Woman - Black Spiders
Solid Bond In Your Heart - The Style Council
You Overdid It Doll - The Courteneers
Thousands Are Sailing - The Pogues
Paint It Black -The Rolling Stones
Digging In The Dirt - Peter Gabriel
Roxanne - The Police
Roadhouse Blues - The Doors
La Tristesse Durera - Manic Street Preachers
Blood, Sweat And Tears - The D.O.T.
Just Like Honey - The Jesus And Mary Chain
Start To Run - Dexters
Right Now - Bang Bang Romeo
Regret - New Order
Straight To Hell - The Clash
The Doors Of Then - Tim Burgess
The Way We're Made (Made In England) - Missing Andy
No Hope - The Vaccines
To Be Like - China Rats
Riders On The Storm - The Doors

No comments:

Post a Comment