Friday 16 August 2013

BAIBS Friday 16/08/13

Bare with me 'cos I'm doing my washing. Yes I know that should be bear but I'm literally doing ALL my washing. Got a spare sock if anyone needs it. Black, size 7-11.

I made the stupid mistake yesterday of thinking I could get by on just a bacon and sausage butty. Big mistake. Woke up feeling very hungry and somewhat ill. Sadly the only place to eat at 6am between The Leopard and Sine FM Crescent is that nasty fast food place beginning with an M. (Helen Matthews, I should warn you now it's a breakfast blog). The bacon roll looked neither bacony or like it was any kind of roll so I opted for the bacon and egg muffin. I like a muffin. Doused in butter. On a Sunday teatime. The bacon still didn't look or taste like it had ever had contact with a pig and I'm intrigued by this new form of egg. As far as I'm aware an egg is pretty much yolk and albumen. I'd love to know when chickens decided to add rubber to the mix.

And cheese!? Really!!? Two things here:

A: Cheese does not come in slices, pre packed to a muffin size and tasting of brick dust

and

2: It has no place on a breakfast sandwich type affair of any kind.

Nice coffee though.

You will  notice I said The Leopard in paragraph 2. I'm sad to say that The Cherry Blossom and myself have split up. It's a mutual and amicable split with the agreement that I'll still get her free gigs and she'll still bake me cakes.

So living above The Leopard (short term): Handy for work, nightmare getting near the kettle with Stewart Black around. I say short term, I once moved to Hull short term for 4 years.

I'm actually at Cherry Blossom's at the moment. She has a plumbed in washer and an easy access kettle.

Guess what? A hectic weekend ahead. Work tonight with the brilliant Catfish And The Bottlemen playing (They are gonna be massive). Does mean I'm missing out on Tom Harking as Rovers take on Blackburn. Which defender will score tonight? My money's on James Husband. Work tomorrow daytime then a catch up with Rob Dannatt (who gets to Tom Hark tonight. I usually hog that particular button) and work again Sunday evening.

Washing's done.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 16/08/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Kings For The Weekend - Missing Andy
Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order
Homesick - Catfish And The Bottlemen
Friday Night - The Talks
Black Chandelier - Biffy Clyro
Papillion - The Editors
Ranking Full Stop - The Beat
Help Me - Chantel McGregor
Don't Let Me Down - The Beatles
Kicking Pigeons - Spunge
Drink, Dance, Play - Young Kato
Crocodiles - Echo And The Bunnymen
My Hero - Foo Fighters
Crazy - Nexus Noise
Middle Sea - Yuck
Neil Jung - Teenage Fanclub
My Very Favourite Stalker - The Adulescents UK
Rat In Mi Kitchen - UB40
Helpless - Middleman
The River - Bruce Springsteen
Pure Morning - Placebo
Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
This Is How It Feels - Inspiral Carpets
Skinhead Moonstomp - Syrammip
The Caterpillar - The Cure
Tell Us - Jack's House
My Girl - Madness
Mr. Rock And Roll - Amy MacDonald
Blitzkrieg Bop - The Ramones
Drinkin' My Whisky - Slug The Nightwatchman
Like A Prayer - Madonna
This Song - The Enemy
Watch Yourself (Live) - The Darlingtons
Milk - Garbage
Hound Dog - Elvis Presley
Suspicious Minds - Elvis Presley
Burning Love - Elvis Presley
Peggy Sang The Blues - Frank Turner
The Uprising - Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers


No comments:

Post a Comment