Wednesday 14 August 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 14/08/13

A definite shlog today. Work in 58 minutes.

Been shopping. An A4 pad. Same routine. A4 pad shop, pick up pad ,pay, leave. But I got accosted by the 'selling up' that seems to be compulsory these days. Many years ago when I worked at Scruffy Murphy's in Liverpool the owners, Allied Domecq (what on earth is a domecq?) insisted we 'sold up' with the phrase, and it's etched on my memory to the day I die, 'We have a wide range of crisps and nuts. Would you care for a bag to compliment your drink.' Imagine saying that to a thirsty Scouse docker. Needless to say I declined to say it and went with the more traditional, 'Owt else?'

So on Saturday I bought some shampoo and was asked at the counter if I wanted any aftershave. No. If I wanted aftershave I'd be asking for aftershave. Yesterday I bought a book and thought I'd avoid the selling up by using the self service till only for it to ask me if I wanted to top up my phone. NO! Again if I wanted to I'd have pressed the top up phone option. And today, A4 pad in hand, 'Do you want a Toblerone?' Yes of course I want a Toblerone! Do I look like a man who doesn't have any need for a Toblerone? I'm so weak.

It would appear that I've formed two bands in recent weeks, The Red Lipstick Boys with Martin Black and A Brood Of Grouse with Mike Laidlaw. Watch this space. Though Mike lives in The Netherlands so not sure how that's gonna work.

Oh and while we're at it добро утро to the Bulgars.

Must dash. Work to do and a Toblerone to eat.

Today's show was very respectfully dedicated to Jon Brookes, drummer with The Charlatans who sadly died yesterday aged only 44.

R.I.P.

SS

Playlist Wednesday 14/08/13

North Country Boy - The Charlatans
The Only One I Know - The Charlatans
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
Frog Princess - The Divine Comedy
It Can't Be Me - The 48ks
Rebirth - Yuck
The Cutter - Echo And The Bunnymen
Helpless - Middleman
All Together Now - The Farm
Beach Day - Beach Day
Here Comes Your Man - Pixies
Panic - The Smiths
The Scattering - The Cutting Crew
Mr. Tambourine Man - The Byrds
American Dream - Crosby, Stills, Nash And Young
Called Out In The Dark - Snow Patrol
London Calling - The Clash
Once In A Lifetime - Talking Heads
Back Of My Hand - The Jags
No Rain - Blind Melon
Molly Gray - The DN Allstars
The Changingman - Paul Weller
Why'd You Only Call Me When Your High? - Arctic Monkeys
Dancing Makes Her Happy - Jery At Controls
So Long - Taffy
Made Of Stone - The Stone Roses
Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen
Don't Go - Kiziah And The Kings
It's Alright, It's OK - Primal Scream
Invisible Sun - The Police
Never Fade Away - Spector
Acquiesce - Oasis
Good Enough - Dodgy
I Don't Feel Like Dancin' - Scissor Sisters
American Slang - The Gaslight Anthem
Carnival - The Cardigans
There She Goes - The La's
One To Another - The Charlatans



No comments:

Post a Comment