Tuesday 6 August 2013

BAIBS Tuesday 06/08/13

Well I've got one eye on the weather and one eye on my bed. This is obviously a ludicrous statement in so many ways. It's patently obvious I have both eyes on my laptop while I blog. The weather is outside so involves me turning and pointing both eyes at it. As for my bed, that's upstairs and can't even be seen from here, no matter how many eyes I gaze in that general direction.

My point is this: I fancy a nap. In my bed. But there's washing on the line that is not yet dry. It will be if the weather holds off but chances are if I nap now the clouds will see the so very nearly dry washing and go for it. The clouds are very threatening. Why do they feel the need to do this? We all know what black clouds entail. They could just politely announce (in a John Le Mesurier voice Mr. Perkins?) 'Hello, we're here. We may rain on you shortly. We do apologise but after all that is our job.' No need for threats. Unless clouds are chavs and can't help it. Maybe they should be burberry clouds so there's no denying their true intent.

Nipped to see middle daughter Charlie after today's show. She's 14 today. She was dressed as half a chicken.

Sat next to the most fragrant chap on the bus home. Took me the whole journey to work out what the aroma was. I'm still not totally sure but I think it was Thornton's Viennese Truffles.

The clouds have obviously taken offence at my chav comment and are throwing water at the washing. Back in a mo.

During the show while a song is playing I usually have at least another 4 other songs lined up ready to go. Some sit there for the duration and still never get played. As I get towards the end of the show though and I'm trying to work out timings to get the outro music in and the news played at bang on ten these tunes are whittled down til there's just the song playing and the outro music cued up. This almost had disastrous consequences today. Razor Blade Alley (Madness) was playing, Two Wounded Bird's Midnight Wave was ready to go after, which would have took me nicely to 9:57 and 35 seconds. Perfect timing for Egyptian Reggae. BUT my Madness CD packed up on me. I'm a tad upset about that. Midnight Wave was too short to fill the gap. Thankfully I still had Pond's Giant Tortoise lined up, I was just about to save it for another day. Too ,long a song but it filled a hole so to speak. Basically all this is leading up to an apology for the calamitous end to today's show.

Oh and if anyone's questioning the inclusion of The Darkness today blame their No.1 fan JJ the shoe seller.

Hopefully Tom Harking tonight as Rovers start their Capital One Cup campaign at home to Rochdale. STOP PRESS!! I've just this very second received an email saying no goal music tonight so no Tom Harking, just cheering.

Rain's stopped. Back to the original dilemma.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 06/08/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
In The Morning - Razorlight
Never Fade Away - Spector
Pelican - The Maccabees
Where Are You Now? - Isla's Father (From The Live Do It Unplugged Session)
Cities In Dust - Siouxsie And The Banshees
Heavy Horses - Fallen Trees
Danger - The Likely Lads
Ceremony - New Order
Lifetime - Noah And The Whale
Coming Around - The Vans
Fire - Kasabian
Whiskey In The Jar - Metallica
Welcome To The Cheap Seats - The Wonder Stuff
Strange Days - The Doors
Down At The Doctors - Dr. Feelgood
I'll Be Fine - White Valentine
The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song - The Flaming Lips
Mother - The Mo Bellamy Quartet
Bikini Girls With Machine Guns - The Cramps
North South Divide - John Lennon McCullagh
Better Days - GUN
Runaway - Hot Soles (From The Live Do It Unplugged Session)
Spanish Stroll - Mink De Ville
Life During Wartime - Talking Heads
Is This Our Day In The Sunshine? - Section 60
Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros
God Save The Queen - Sex Pistols
Enola Gay - OMD
Friday Night - The Darkness
Swear Jar - Habberdash (From The Live Do It Unplugged Session)
Dancer - Auction For The Promise Club
Millionaires - Famous Villains
Dreaming - Blondie
Seven Seas - Echo And The Bunnymen
Honey - Swim Deep
If Ever I Stray - Frank Turner
Venus In Furs - The Velvet Underground
I Lost Myself At Hello - Infirmity (From The Live Do It Unplugged Session)
Giant Tortoise - Pond
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers










No comments:

Post a Comment