Thursday 13 December 2012

BAIBS Thursday 13/12/12

5pm. No time to be starting a daily blog but here we go. 'What kept you?' I hear you say. Well pre recorded the Christmas Day Breakfast Show this afternoon. We do get some time off. It's a festive filled joyous show of Christmas cheer. And The Wombles. I don't like doing pre-records and rarely do them. I'm taking advantage of my key holding status to keep the rest of the Christmas schedule live. A pre-record is the same principle as a live show, me on my own in a small room with a mic. Just doesn't feel the same. Plus if I cock up I have the option of deleting and starting again. Sod that. Keep the mistakes in, I know you expect nothing less. Also on a pre-record you don't get the insightful weather and traffic reports that I know you rely on, or at least find embarrassingly funny.

So what next? Basically avoiding going outside due to the freezing fog and my wimpish nature. Chatted with Mark Kelly at Sine FM Towers for as long as I could and for the first time this week he didn't mention chickens. Talked about them Monday, tweeted about them Tuesday, bought them Wednesday, froze them Thursday. Sounds like a Craig David song. Mark had become obsessed. Hopefully it's out of his system now. I once sat next to a bloke on a bus who kept telling me not to buy chickens from a certain supermarket cos they were injected. He didn't say what with. The nutter on the bus discussion can wait for another time. Just to say if you're not sat next to the nutter on the bus then you're the nutter.

Next stop the Tut 'n' Shive for a drink with my mate Ryan, singer with The 48ks, to celebrate his birthday. Was only having one. Freezing fog and a rather nice drop of Nottingham Rock Bitter said otherwise. Ryan asked me to compare The 48ks Christmas gig at The Leopard on December 23rd. Let's not kid ourselves, I'd go to the opening of an envelope, so made all the yes I'll do you that favour noises whilst my ego leapt around my head screaming YES! Speaking of going to the opening of an envelope I've been asked to present an award at next year's Best Bar None Awards in January. More ego leaping.

Then the walk home through the freezing fog. It was that thick I couldn't work out if I was catching people up or if they were coming towards me. I'm putting forward my proposal of fog lights for pedestrians now.

Had one of Donny's top bands, Bang Bang Romeo, on this morning's show. Singer, Stars, was traditional late so it ended up being the quickest interview ever. Star's worked for me this year and I think managed to be late 99% of the time. It became quite endearing in the end. Bang Bang Romeo launch their new EP with a live show at The Social tomorrow night. They are gonna be massive, trust me on that. Just don't be late Stars. Fame waits for no man. Or woman for that matter.

Must dash. Christmas tree up tonight.

Laters

SS

Playlist Thursday 13/12/12

I Will Wait - Mumford and Sons
Coming Up Easy - Paulo Nutini
Underdog - Kasabian
Chevy Thunder - Spector
Naive - The Kooks
Champagne And Cocaine - 12 Dirty Bullets
You Get What You Give - New Radicals
Somewhere - The Pilots
Antarctica - Sound Of Guns
Life's What You Make It - Talk Talk
Everybody Knows (Except You) - The Divine Comedy
Rose Tattoo - Dropkick Murphys
A Design For Life - Manic Street Preachers
Fortune Teller - The 48ks
Fishing For A Dream - Turin Brakes
North Country Boy - The Charlatans
Everything - The Darlingtons
Don't Stop - The Rolling Stones
The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side - The Smiths
Boxing Day - Blink 182
Men's Needs - The Cribs
Happy Christmas (War Is Over) - John Lennon
My First Love - Paper Aeroplanes
Post Break Up Sex - The Vaccines
To Be Like - China Rats
Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros
Bring Me To Life - Evanescence
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
Wonderful Life - Hurts
Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC
Baby Missiles - The War On Drugs
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Right Now - Bang Bang Romeo 
Adore Me Dear - Bang Bang Romeo
Just To See You Run - Bang Bang Romeo

No comments:

Post a Comment