Friday 28 December 2012

BAIBS Friday 28/12/12

Latest smartphone mishap: A txt to Rob Dannatt that said 'Still winking prawn.' It was meant to say still working on it. What's most alarming is Rob didn't reply for 2 hours so he was either trying to work it out or thought it was a perfectly natural txt.

Today has just confused me immensely. Just doesn't feel like Friday. Christmas should be moved so we just get a long weekend every year and we know where we stand. They do it for Easter. What makes Christmas so special it wont accept change? And don't give me that our Lord's birthday nonsense. We all know he was born in October or something. Don't know why he moved it. Probably hoping for a long weekend before New Year or something.

I've never been a massive fan of New Year. I've been dragged, quivering into the new year before screaming, 'No, not another one!' It's much less stressful just to call it Tuesday. Anyway that's something else that moved. Up until 1752(ish) New Year's day was March 25th. (My phone just called first footing, first footling. I prefer that). The Scots, obviously eyeing up a party (and potential long weekend) moved New Year's day to January 1st in 1600. Same as the smoking ban, we always try it north of the border first. I'm not sure either worked out too well.

See you all know I like a cigarette, yes I'm addicted but I do enjoy it, but being a smoker now is like being a second class citizen. Was in a pub one Christmas night. A room full of people who'd  been on sprouts and Guinness all day smelt a lot worse than my cheeky little fag. They should have stood outside and let me have the warmth.

A (normal) weekend beckons. Tonight in Haworth for the Nexux Noise Christmas jam at The Blacksmith's Arms. That's gonna be messy. No Tom Hark tomorrow, Rovers away at Preston. Tricky one that.

Excuse me a minute. The towels in the washing machine would appear to have transformed into a bag of pebbles.

Back to the weekend. Apart from tonight a quiet one. Can't wait. Monday's show should be a good un with the awesome Rita Payne joining me live prior to their album launch.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 28/12/12

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Don't Let Me Down Gently - The Wonderstuff
Song 2 - Blur
I Wish I Was Someone Better - Blood Red Shoes
Sing For The Deaf - Missing Andy
Bats - The Darlingtons
(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais - The Clash
Police And Thieves - Junior Murvin
Devil Woman - Neon Lion
Temptation - New Order
Geraldine - Glasvegas
One In Ten - UB40
The Pretender - Foo Fighters
Since Yesterday - Strawberry Switchblade
Monster - Automatic
Stay Beautiful - Manic Street Preachers
I Didn't See It Coming - Belle And Sebastian
Feel It Up - Clockwork Radio
Where's Your Head At - Basement Jaxx
Down In The Tube Station At Midnight - The Jam
Ho Hey - The Lumineers
If I Ever Stray - Frank Turner
I Still Believe - Frank Turner
Special Brew - Bad Manners
After You - Pulp
Like A Dancer - The Enemy
South Australia - The Pogues
Message In A Bottle - The Police
Fictional State - To Kill A King
Elysium - Section 60
Streets Of Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen
Munich - The Editors
The Cave - Mumford and Sons
Never Knew Your Name - Madness
Pretty In Pink - The Psychedelic Furs
Hard To Handle - The Black Crowes
Crazy - Nexus Noise
Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys
Never Fade Away - Spector
Life On Mars - David Bowie
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment