Monday 17 December 2012

BAIBS Monday 17/12./12

I'll be honest, today really hasn't gone as planned at all. I'm blogging late again and a little bit worse for wear. Who invented Christmas drinks? What's wrong with just drinks? I know where I am with them. They're not out the blue or at odd times. Christmas drinks are sprung upon you with no time for mental preparation. It's all Steve Holmes fault. Working abroad doesn't give you the right to drag me to the pub when you're home and make me drink all day!

Still, we nailed Countdown with subtitles in Cask Corner.

The day started badly. Alarm went off at half 5, woke up at half 6. I'm lucky to have a girlfriend who takes me to work at that ungodly hour at stupidly short notice and then picks me up again 8 hours later when I'm drunk. Again, blame Steve Holmes and his sneaky I'm paying ploy.

So we've had another weekend. Friday night was epic.

Quick pause to acknowledge the txt that there's no butter in this town.

Bang Bang Romeo at Social Bar on Friday were just immense. See yesterday's blog for a full review. I'm still buzzing though. Saturday was Tom Hark day at the Keepmoat and a disastrous day on and off the pitch. On the pitch Rovers got beat 4-1 and deservedly so sadly. Off the pitch anything that could go wrong did. The Vikettes music didn't play. They stood on the pitch waiting to dance while me and Rob fumbled with their phone, trying to make it play music. We never did. 5 seconds before kick off I'm poised over the go button for the clock on the scoreboard when the scoreboard computer died. Not crashed, or froze. Died. It had to be rebuilt whilst the game went on. Half time we'd sorted out the Vikettes music, using Rob's tablet instead of their phone only for the internet to go down and the music cut out halfway through their dance.

Such a poor Rovers performance did give me and Rob time for a general knowledge quiz though and we decided that the answer, 'Shall we say yes?' is always acceptable. So it is now a fact that the moon was invented in 1912 and that Cambodia banned the colour yellow in 1961 because it clashed with the sun.

This carried on later that night at The Garage Bar and let it be said that Rob Dannatt has poor taste in clouds. Gbone and Pure Pearl Jam at The Garage Saturday. Gbone are the most wondrously filthiest band in Donny. The guitar solos alone are top shelf. Pure Pearl Jam are just a joy. You need to see both these bands.

Well I was meant to be wrapping presents and putting clothes away today. As it is I'm writing this whilst drunk while dried fruit gets abused in the kitchen.

Tomorrow's another day.

Laters

SS

Playlist Monday 17/12/12

The Boys Are Back In Town - Thin Lizzy
I Don't Like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats
Chemical - Bang Bang Romeo
Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order
I'll Be Fine - White Valentine
(All I Want Is) Danger - The Milk
2000 Miles - The Pretenders
The Way I Feel About You - The 48ks
Never Knew Your Name - Madness
She Bangs The Drum - The Stone Roses
Another Love - Tom Odell
Given To Fly - Pearl Jam
London Calling - The Clash
Driving Home For Christmas - Chris Rea
Tracy Jacks - Blur
Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Why You So Cold - Wet Nuns
Need You Tonight - INXS
Best Friend - Tashaki Miyaki
Tenth Avenue Freeze Out - Bruce Springsteen
Babies - Pulp
Ring Out Solstice Bells - Jethro Tull
To Be Like - China Rats
Slumdog Millionaire - The Beeds
Orange Crush - R.E.M.
Oh Yeah - The Subways
Captain - Biffy Clyro
Burning Love - Elvis Presley
Soul Uncensored - Section 60
Follow Me - Muse
Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House
Lose Control - The Courteneers
Adultery - Little Comets
Alright Now - Free
I Always Knew - The Vaccines
Ever Fallen In Love (with Someone You Shouldn't Have) - The Buzzcocks
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment