Thursday 20 December 2012

BAIBS Thursday 20/12/12

Another speedy blog today for a plethora of reasons:

1: I feel sick, have a banging headache and my brain is refusing to think about any blogging subjects. It just wants to moan.

2: I'm pre-recording the New Year's Day show this afternoon and only have an hour before the studio's free.

3: Sine FM Christmas meal tonight (sickness permitting) so no time after the pre-record to blog.

4: I'm lazy.

I'm leaving big               spaces so the blog looks bigger.

As previously discussed I'm technically inept so accidentally clicked a link on here yesterday that gave me a breakdown on where this blog is read, so hello to the Russian, Norwegian and Belgian, the 2 Frenchman, the, (what's the collective noun for Australians? We'll go with a Fosters), the Fosters of Australians and the many, many Americans. And for the German who got in touch a twonk is just a way of insulting someone without swearing.

Oh and re yesterday's blog, artistic licence Nidge!

So got a lift to the radio this morning (Thank you Cherry Blossom) and I'm now sat in the office with coffee and mince pies hence no precarious journey to report. One thing I did miss from yesterday's travel details was the trainspotter. I fully appreciate everyone should have a hobby but every time I walked down Balby Road there was a guy on step ladders taking photos of trains. I don't get it. They all look the same to me. Trains, not trainspotters. Although saying that...!  And he stayed up the ladders no matter how bad the weather got. Now that's commitment. The one time he did get off his ladders he stepped in something he really didn't want to. Should have stayed where he was. Or not got up there in the first place.

Five days to Christmas, presuming the Mayans are wrong. Everyone walking round town has that haggered I'm never gonna get it all done look. If the Mayans are right stop fretting! I go for the resigned I was never in with a chance of getting it all done so what the hell look.

Does anyone know what time (GMT) the world is ending tomorrow? I'm going to the in-laws in Mablethorpe straight after tomorrow's show so it's gonna be a really late blog and I don't want to blog at 5pm only for the world to end at 6pm. That would just be annoying.

OK off to put on a hungover voice and pretend it's New Year's Day.

Playlist Thursday 20/12/12

Never Knew Your Name - Madness
I Always Knew - The Vaccines
Papillion - The Editors
Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick - Ian Dury and the Blockheads
Just To See You Run - Bang Bang Romeo
Lose Control - Courteneers
One Way Or Another - Blondie
One Drop - Public Image Ltd
Back Of My Hand - The Jags
Fix Me - Kiziah and the Kings
The Way We're Made (Made In England) - Missing Andy
Bats - The Darlingtons
Heroes - David Bowie
La Tristesse Durera (Scream To A Sigh) - Manic Street Preachers
Lead The Way - The 48ks
Hard To Handle - The Black Crowes
Miss You - The Rolling Stones
God Save The Queen - Sex Pistols
Hold On - Don Broco
(All I Wanted Was) Danger - The Milk
Rag Doll - Aerosmith
Mack The Knife - Bobby Darin
Rebel Yell - Billy Idol
Lust For Life - Iggy Pop
Is This Christmas - The Wombats
It's The End Of The World As We Know It - R.E.M.
Like A Dancer - The Enemy
Wrapped Up In A Carpet - Tribes
The Power Of Love - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Feel It Up - Clockwork Radio
Sexuality - Billy Bragg
The Great Leap Forward - Billy Bragg
Gangsters - The Specials
Beach Day - Beach Day
Love Is A Wonderful Colour - The Icicle Works
Hungry Heart - Bruce Springsteen
Ready To Die - Famous Villains
America - Razorlight
45 - The Gaslight Anthem
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment