Friday 7 December 2012

BAIBS Friday 7/12/12

Those that know me will know I have just two policies for when I'm PM. First one is to fill every IKEA with chavs and blow them all up. I'll admit this was a policy founded without ever having visited an IKEA. Fancy a politician coming up with a policy without any personal experience to base it on! It was based upon the flat pack furniture that'd occasionally turn up that I'd then struggle to put together. I've mentioned before my total ineptitude at all things DIY, this includes flat pack furniture. Screw B never lined up with hole Q. Panel F was always too short for base K etc. And there were always bits left over. And it always fell to bits exactly 47 days after my woeful construction attempts.

Anyway, I've now visited an IKEA store and can now base my policy on experience and the policy stands. Harsh maybe but no gain without pain, we're all in it together etc. I need a better spin doctor. So IKEA. The words hell, on and earth spring to mind. It's a maze and designed that way so there's no escape. Not until you've purchased something do exits miraculously appear. It was a relief to see that their efforts on constructing their own furniture were not much better than mine though. The cafe was an interesting experience. Had to construct my own mug before I could have a coffee. The handle fell off.

Oh and the stupid names they give their furniture too!! There's now a box of bits that wont quite fit together properly, but will vaguely resemble a wardrobe when finished, loitering in the hall going by the name of Flailingkrapness or something.

Oh and my second policy once I come to power is compulsory Dickensian Christmases every year. We'll import snow if needs be. Everyone to dress accordingly. Gentlemen to doff their top hats to ladies and every hour, on the hour, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen to be sung (with gusto).

I'm contemplating a third policy of annexing Suffolk but not sure yet.

So a weekend beckons again. Seriously need one of those lie ins I talk about. I'm fancying a quiet one but probably wont happen. The Graceholme tonight for The Yorkshire Main Commemorative Trust Christmas Variety gig. Sine FM session band The Colliers are playing. Now there's an apt name for such a gig. And host of Sine FM's Vinyl Daze, Pete Liversidge, is playing with his new band No Folkin' Around.

No Tom Harking again as Rovers away at Swindon. I'll take a point. Open day type thing at Doncaster Brewery tomorrow though. Be rude not to.

Gotta go. Flailingkrapness to shift.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 7/12/12

American Slang - Gaslight Anthem
Stadium Arcadium - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Madness - Madness
Tangled Up In Love - The Rifles
Ride - The Vines
Comerade Dog - Propane Rats
Jack And Diane - John Mellencamp
Do Anything You Wanna Do - Eddie And The Hot Rods
Roll The Dice - The Colliers
Black Chandelier - Biffy Clyro
Pumped Up kicks - Foster The People
Girl From Mars - Ash
Jimmy Jimmy - The Undertones
Chi Town - The Cribs
 
MARTIN BLACK LIVE SESSION
My Fingers Bleed
Time
 
Teenage Icon - The Vaccines
This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us - Sparks
The Magnificent 7 - Bad Manners
Medicine Show - Big Audio Dynamite
Hey Ho - The Beeds
Ruby Soho - Rancid
This Is Real - The Enemy
Open Your Heart - The Human League
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Bruce Springsteen
Another Love - Tom Odell
Sound Of The Suburbs - The Members
Real Gone Kid - Deacon Blue
Last Christmas - White Valentine
Country Girl - Primal Scream
Pretty In Pink - Psychedelic Furs
Just Like The Rain - Richard Hawley
Suburbia - Pet Shop Boys
Antarctica - Sound Of Guns
Uprising - Muse
Chevy Thunder - Spector
Going Out West - Tom Waits
Valentine's Day - The 48ks
Love Me Two Times - The Doors
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers



No comments:

Post a Comment