Wednesday 19 December 2012

BAIBS Wednesday 19/12/12

Right, pay attention cos I'm in a hurry. Back at Sine FM Towers later to step in to Mark Kelly's shoes and do The Home Run Show for him. He's covered for me enough times and it's Christmas so thought I should. Mark's been known to dip into the charts from time to time for his play list. Cant see me doing that without swearing on air and that's just not the done thing. Not sure what Mark's up to today. Probably buying chickens.

So because of this I needed an uneventful dash home. Did ok through town. Avoided the two buskers. One playing a harp. Now the harp is a beautiful instrument but when fed through a tiny guitar amp it sounds horrific. Like a camel battling with two half bricks. The second busker had a backing track and a mic and was destroying Tracy Chapman's Baby Can I Hold You as I walked past. There's just no need. Boyzone successfully destroyed it years ago. AND a backing track and a mic is not busking, it's karaoke!

I like buskers, I used to busk myself. I played bongos in Leicester Square while my mate Nidge did all the clever stuff with a guitar and a voice. We were never overly brilliant, though one night an American tourist did offer us £50 to play some Elvis. One quick run through of His Latest Flame and we're off to the pub to spend our hard earned. Someone tried to sell me drugs who it turns out was an undercover policeman though I still think he was actually trying to sell me drugs. We all argued over who said the Shaw Taylor joke first (you had to be there) then went our merry way.

Anyway I'd like a return to acoustic guitars and singing from our buskers please. Maybe DMBC can look into it.

Through town and onto Balby Road when I got hit by a bike. Again!! On the pavement, going at a rate of knots until he ran into me. He swore, got back on his bike and rode off straight into a car. The driver got out and they both swore. Thought maybe I should join in. I didn't. The cyclist rode off again and the driver looked at me and just said 'Tuck in, fool.' I thought it was a dinner invitation at first till I realised I'd misheard him.

Past Balby Road park and a final mention of leaves: All the leaves have been swept into what can only be called a leaf hill. About 20' by 12' across and 5' high. Before the year's out I'm so jumping into that.

Home straight now when I got hit by a window. No front gardens on Balby Road and some guy just opened a downstairs window wide open just as I walked past. My nose can vouch for it being toughened glass. My fault apparently. More swearing. Who knew it was the season of goodwill.

Got home and the bin's back. Either the thief read yesterday's blog and felt guilty or the bin had just fancied a break and buggered off for a while. A winter break, and why not. I cant imagine being a bin's the most rewarding of jobs.

Off to straighten my nose.

Laters

Playlist Wednesday 19/12/12

Whiskey In The Jar - Metallica
Hold The Magic - Officer Kicks
In Between Days - The Cure
Battleship Chains - The Georgia Satellites
Another Love - Tom Odell
Never Knew Your Name - Madness
Stranger At Your Door - You Addiction
Ho Hey - The Lumineers
Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) - Darlene Love
Fortune Teller - The 48ks
Owner Of A Lonely Heart - Yes
Black Chandelier - Biffy Clyro
Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard
Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire
Bankrobber - The Clash
Redemption Song - Joe Strummer
The KKK Took My Baby Away - The Ramones
My Hero - Foo Fighters
Mary - The Adulescents UK
High On A Hill - Ian McNabb
Dead And Gone - The Black Keys
Have A Nice Day - Stereophonics
Is This Christmas - The Wombats
Take Me Away - Steve Foster
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
Wetsuit - The Vaccines
Memories - Jery At Controls
Where The Streets Have No Name - U2
Best Of Friends - Palma Violets
Step Into Christmas - Elton John
Monsters And Angels - Voice Of The Beehive
Love Me Two Times - The Doors
Cool Zombie - Adam Ant
Town Called Malice - The Jam
Love Train - The O'Jays
The Jean Genie - David Bowie
The Passenger - Iggy Pop
Lithium - Nirvana
2-4-6-8 Motorway - Tom Robinson Band
Panic - The Smiths
Roxanne - The Police
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment