Monday 10 December 2012

BAIBS Monday 10/12/12

I've Christmas shopped. A bit. A kinda SAS shopping raid. In and out before they see you coming. Blame Richard Pierce for what would seem to be an innuendo fueled start to this blog. As I'm sure you'll have worked out from previous blogs I have an aversion to shopping that's up there with my aversion to veg. You all know my shopping tactics but it's tricky when buying presents. I'm as useless at picking presents as I am at shopping, so given the lack of 'The Presents That Simon's Family And Friends Might Like Shop' in town I'm more lost than usual. I cant go into much detail of course should any present recipients read this but cd shop for cds, book shop for books and get out of there. Today's shopping trip was made more bearable by a friend that likes shopping who supplied coffee and cake. Thank you Miss Kirsche. I'm gonna have to try the online thing. I know what I'm like though. I'll dive into the internet looking for something specific and end up buying an electric garlic peeler-come-sausage prodder. Still, only once a year!

As you also know by now I'm technologically inept. To the point that an electric radiator attacked me this weekend. We were all happy doing our respective jobs, the radiator kicking out heat, me and Cherry Blossom soaking up the heat when the sparks flew. Then a little fire and me staring at it before trying to reason with it. 40 odd years of speaking to inanimate objects and I'm still convinced it'll work despite a 100% failure rate. I mantastically (see Biggest Show Ever for mantastic definition) unplugged said radiator then bravely ignored the fire still burning and the acrid smoke.Is it safe to throw water on an unplugged electrical device? I honestly have no idea! Pathetic. Long story short: the radiator's at the dump, the front room's cold.

Worryingly the spell check questioned online but not mantastic,

Joined on this morning's show by David Ramsay or Bo as we all know him. The perfect guest in that he'll just play and play if time allowed. He's like that on stage. The guy would play for 5 hours if people let him. He's an amazingly talented singer/songwriter/guitar player and if you ever see Tobias or Pure Pearl Jam advertised playing live go see them. You'll thank me after! He's also a damn fine sound engineer. Am I allowed a 'strings to his Bo' pun? No? Thought as much. As much as I enjoyed this morning's live session it was also an absolute pleasure to catch up with a good friend again. I love the live sessions. Music in it's purest form. Listen out for upcoming sessions from Bang Bang Romeo, The 48ks, Rita Payne and Famous Villains.

Right, I'm off to shop online. Someone's gonna get an electric garlic peeler-come-sausage prodder in their stocking. Started with an innuendo, may as well finish with one.

Laters

SS

Playlist Monday 10/12/12

You Better You Bet - The Who
Teenage Icon - The Vaccines
Antarctica - Sound Of Guns
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
Recover - Dexters
Givien To Fly - Pearl Jam
VPL - Gbone
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
Another Love - Tom Odell
Animal Nitrate - Suede
Dancing Makes Her Happy - Jery At Controls
Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club
Never Fade Away - Spector
Seek It - Richard Hawley

DAVID 'BO' RAMSAY Live Session

Neverland
I Just Want To Dance With You
Mother
Leave Me Alone
Hurt

Left Foot Tommy - Unicorn Hunters
I Wish I Was Someone Better - Blood Red Shoes
Somewhere - The Pilots
Nancy Boy - Placebo
Two Doors Down - Mystery Jets
My Sharona - The Knack
Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen
Do Nothing - The Specials
Chemicals - Various Cruelties
Cannonball - The Breeders
Into The Valley - The Skids
After Hours - We Are Scientists
Peach Blossom - Eels
Hotel Yorba - White Stripes
Tragedy Of Artists - Shade Of Red
Like A Dancer - The Enemy
Kennedy - The Wedding Present
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

1 comment: