Thursday 6 December 2012

BAIBS Thursday 6/12/12

OK not my best show this morning. It's why I normally don't party too hard on a school night. But Yorkshire Pete's funeral yesterday and we had to give him a send off, which is more than we managed with the chinese lanterns. More of that in a mo. I wont give you a blow by blow account for two reasons.

One: It'd take too long and

Two: I cant remember that much about it.

So edited highlights: Beautiful and brave eulogies by Mark and Shaun Kelly, a service that said it's OK to question God and his mysterious way of moving - don't get me started on that one. As Jimmy Carr says I'm way past having invisible friends. To quote Sine FM's Alex Dean, 'It's science.' Sheffield lollipop women hunting in pairs, a lost stylus for my phone which I don't think I'll ever get back. It's, possibly, in Maddie's car but given that would appear to be a mini (or Mercedes if you prefer) Bermuda Triangle I'm not holding out much hope. Pickled onions, bread and dripping and some woeful dancing. Thankfully I was at the bar when Gangnam Style was played but I've seen the videos. Not pretty.

A sea of Wolves shirts swaying to Rud Stewart singing Rhythm Of My Heart. Last time I saw that many Wolves shirt was in a subway outside Molineux. You don't wanna know what happened! Failed chinese lanterns. Only two really made the effort but didn't get far. The rest burnt where they lay. Any fires in Hillsborough last night can be blamed on us. Think everyone of us said 'Pete would have p***ed himself.'

It was a fitting send off for a man loved by so many. Old friends were appreciated more than ever, new friends made with the 'stay in touch' promise. For once I'm going to keep that promise.

Accosted on my way home this morning by a man with a clipboard outside the Frenchgate centre. I let my guard down. Eye contact is the crucial thing. Avoid eye contact at all costs. I combine this with my ipod and usually avoid the half hour conversation about how we must save the Mongolian ant that always ends with 'No, you cant have my bank account details.' But my ipod died and foolishly I took my earphones out and in my cold and hungover state he got me. The Mongolian ant is now £2 a month better off.

Remind me next time that I promised a whole music and politics blog. I'm just too fragile to face it today.

I'll be honest, I'm off to bed.

Laters

SS

Playlist Thursday 6/12/12

Dignity - Deacon Blue
Tears Of A Clown - The Beat
Local Boy In The Photograph - Stereophonics
On Trial - The Tricks
I Always Knew - The Vaccines
Last Christmas - White Valentine
Rhythm Of My Heart - Rod Stewart
Stingin' Belle - Biffy Clyro
Always Looking Forward - The Hostiles
Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie and the Banshees
Valentine - Gbone
She Comes In Fall - Inspiral Carpets
David Watts - The Jam
I Am The Resurrection - The Stone Roses
Best Of Friends - Palma Violets
Mary - The Adulescents UK
Take 5 - Dave Brubeck
Life On Mars - David Bowie
I Want The World To Stop - Belle and Sebastian
The Way We're Made (Made In England) - Missing Andy
Don't Stand So Close To Me - The Police
Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon - Urge Overkill
Talking Woman Blues - AVIT Blues Band
Monster - The Automatic
Common People - Pulp
Geraldine - Glasvegas
Debaser - Pixies
Whistle For The Choir - The Fratellis
Back In Black - Amy Winehouse
Stand - REM
Chipping Away - Middleman
Down In The Tube Station At Midnight - The Jam
Boys Don't Cry - The Cure
Joy - Tracy Thorn
Jump - Van Halen
Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison
Another Love - Tom Odell
Give It Up - Hothouse Flowers
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment