Wednesday 10 July 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 10/07/13

I've mentioned my technophobia before. I'm hopeless and today would seem to reinforce that. I mentioned on Monday the interview I did with Ian McNabb. It was a brilliant interview, even if I say so myself. Well I've lost it. That's presuming I actually managed to record it in the first place. Can't find it anywhere. Gutted.

And you'll notice a distinct lack of playlist. I type out the playlist in an email to myself every morning but I opened said email when I got home and only half the playlist was there. I shall pick up the physical copy and post it tomorrow.

So it is with some trepidation that I've decided to go through all my emails today, got a stack of new music in there I need to check out. I'm sure it will all go pomaceous fruit shaped.

I've said this before but if you're not a cricket fan skip this bit.

An indoor blog today. I'm even eyeing up my jumper drawer. Test Match Special is playing in the background as The Ashes series starts today. If you can't be at the game TMS is the only way to follow cricket. My Grandad used to watch it on TV with the volume down and TMS on. That was the heady days of Johnners, 'Fiery' Frederick Sewards Trueman, The Alderman (Don Mosey), 'Barnacle' Bailey, Bill 'Bearders' Frindall et al. It's lost some of it's humour and irreverence in recent years but still beats Sky TV trying to make Gower and Willis sound interesting.

Certain sports are designated protected sports and must be shown on terrestrial TV. FIFA World Cup, Wimbledon, The Olympics etc. It's an absolute disgrace that Test Cricket, particularly home Ashes series are not on that list.

I'd like to tell you all about today's Do It Unplugged session but the band, Fluidity, didn't show. The top 5 winners get to play to a few thousand at Rovers home games next season. The overall winners will be on the main stage at Doncaster Live. It's a great chance for an act to build on their fanbase. We've had to whittle down the list of applicants due to the huge amount of interest so it's particularly annoying for a band not to show up, or at least get in touch to let us know they can't make it.

Tomorrow's blog will be a late one, I'm straight off to work after tomorrow's show so won't be blogging til the evening and will hopefully include two playlists!

Laters

SS

No comments:

Post a Comment