Monday 8 July 2013

BAIBS Monday 08/07/13

Let's start with this:

Playlist Monday 08/07/13

Geraldine - Glasvegas
Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello
Dave - Missing Andy
Understanding Jane - The Icicle Works
Peggy Sang The Blues - Frank Turner
Barbara Ann - The Beach Boys
Johnny Come Home - Fine Young Cannibals
Making Plans For Nigel - XTC
Pictures Of Lily - The Who
You Jane - The Wedding Present
Ruby - The Kaiser Chiefs
Tracy Jacks - Blur
Molly Gray - The DN Allstars
Maggie May - Rod Stewart
Walk Away Renee - Billy Bragg
Baby Jane - Dr. Feelgood
What Katie Did - The Libertines
A Message To You Rudy - The Specials
Victoria - The Kinks
William, It Was Really Nothing - The Smiths
Angie - The Rolling Stones
Johnny Too Bad - UB40
Mary's Place - Bruce Springsteen
Rhiannon - Fleetwood Mac
Kayleigh - Marillion
John, I'm Only Dancing - David Bowie
Victoria Gardens - Madness

DO IT UNPLUGGED ACOUSTIC SESSION - THE SUBTERRANEANS

Ooh La La
Sloop John B

Johnny Come Lately - Steve Earle
Annie Get Your Gun - Squeeze
Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles
Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
Young Ned Of The Hill - The Pogues
Jack And Diane - John Mellencamp
Lady Percy - King Charles
Jimmy Jimmy - The Undertones
Geno - Dexy's Midnight Runners
Tommy Gun - The Clash
Denis - Blondie

Many thanks to The Subterraneans who unwittingly kept the link going with their excellent cover of The Beach Boys Sloop John B. It was another stunning set and the level that the quality has been for the Do It Unplugged sessions has been frankly stunning. 

I had five things to do today: The show, buy ham (even though the corned beef is still lurking), buy milk, blog, sort tomorrow's show and sit in the sun. OK, six things. That was it. I've done the show. The ham and milk have been bought. I'm blogging now. Will sort tomorrow's show soon and all that will be left is to sit in the sun. I missed catching the rays this weekend due to a combination of work and tennis so today was, to misquote Section 60, gonna be my day in the sunshine. So a massive thank you to every single weather forecaster who failed abysmally to mention this big grey, damp cloud that is parked over Doncaster and has been for hours and even worse shows no sign of moving on. I blame JJ.

I even went prepared. Shorts, shades etc on the way in this morning. So having been overdressed last week I'm now seriously underdressed. And I realise that once again I'm moaning about the weather so I'll shut up.

Though I'm gonna have to stick with the shorts 'cos in my somewhat premature giddiness I put all my jeans in the wash.

I got paid to watch Ian McNabb play live at The Leopard Friday night. That's why I love my job. One of the most gifted and probably underrated singer/songwriters this country has produced. And with a canon of 15 studio albums (5 Icicle Works, 10 solo) it was always gonna be a long gig. Think he weighed in at around 2 hours 10 minutes. He gives great interview too though I'm worried my technophobia may have struck again and I may have failed to press record. Watch this space. Be gutted if I did. You'll miss us discussing mutual trimming (we're both too hairy for the summer) and Ian's impression of all 4 Beatles in conversation. It's awesome!

Right, I'm off to shout at a cloud.

Laters

SS




No comments:

Post a Comment