Friday 19 July 2013

BAIBS Friday 19/07/13

Ici vous allez:

(I have no idea why I did that in French)

Playlist Friday 19/07/13

Chevy Thunder - Spector
Ship Of Fools - World Party
Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
Let The Day Begin - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Groovy Train - The Farm
Road Rage - Catatonia
Train In Vain - The Clash
Cadillac Ranch - Bruce Springsteen
Flying - Cast
Road To Nowhere - Talking Heads
Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire
Back Of My Hand - The Jags
Where The Streets Have No Name - U2
Driving In My Car - Madness
Last Train To Clarksville - The Monkees
Last Train To London - E.L.O.
Last Train To Transcentral - KLF
Down In The Tube Station At Midnight - The Jam
Hit The Road Jack - Ray Charles
Dead End Street - The Kinks
Coming Around - The Vans
Always Like This - Bombay Bicycle Club 

DO IT UNPLUGGED LIVE ACOUSTIC SESSION - PHOENIX SALVATION

Attention
Demons And Wolves

Motorcycle Emptiness - Manic Street Preachers
Drive My Car - The Beatles
Love Train - Holly Johnson
Love Train - The O'Jays
Just What I Needed - The Cars
Signal 30 - Public service Broadcasting
Hope Street - The Levellers
Bicycle Race - Queen
Spanish Caravan - The Doors
Night Boat To Cairo - Madness
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Thunder Road - Bruce Springsteen
2-4-6-8 Motorway - The Tom Robinson Band
The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins

Ok a bit tenuous in places but a general transport theme to today's playlist. Don't know why but it was one I particularly enjoyed. And well done to Nettie Spaghetti and The Cushty Librarian who picked up on it pretty early.

Speaking of transport I nearly got run over, walking through Donny market place this morning, by a Peruvian pan pipe player (that's a sentence you don't get to say every day). He leaned out of his van and screamed in Spanish, '¿Por qué no miras por dónde va usted mucho gordo bastardo pelo. ¿No ves que estoy conduciendo? Follar peatones!' which I think translates as 'I must say I like your long hair and trim waistline. I'm sorry for nearly running you over in what is obviously a pedestrian area.'

I finally bought some shorts. Got them in fat b*****d size. They didn't fit. I've exchanged them for extra fat b*****d size so here's hoping. In fact I'll try them now.

Well I'm obviously an extra fat b*****d waist but as for these being 3/4 length obviously not on someone my height. Try again tomorrow.

So the final Do It Unplugged session this morning with Midlands band Phoenix Salvation. 15 bands have played and the quality has been outstanding, today being no exception. Voting for your favourite will start next week, watch this space.

(In case you were wondering of course TMS is on and a nice little last wicket flurry from Swann and Broad is in progress).

It's a weekend and as per a hectic one is planned. Tonight is The Leopard trip to Tramlines. Leadmill guest list to see Famous Villains and King Charles, and a few in-between too.

Tomorrow will see me again attempting the shorts buying thing and then back to Sheffield for more Tramlines shenanigans with The Talks and Public Service Broadcasting on the to do list.

Sunday is back to work.

And then it's Monday with 15 year old phenomenon John Lennon McCullagh joining me live on the show.

Laters

SS






No comments:

Post a Comment