Wednesday 3 July 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 03/07/13

Giddy times at Sine FM Towers this morning. I don't know how it got tagged that. It's one of the least tower shaped edifices I've seen. May as well call it Sine FM Pyramid.

Giddy times at Sine FM Pyramid this morning. I don't know how it got tagged that. It's one of, er, hang on. I'm stuck in a loop.

Giddy times at Sine FM this morning.

That's better.

Only I forget why I was giddy.

I'll come back to it and talk about the weather first. 

Stupid bloody weather. It was cold and wet when I left home this morning. By the time the show had finished it was hot and sunny. How am I meant to dress accordingly? The word sticky comes to mind.

Giddy times at Castle Sine this morning. It's all coming back to me. Local lad John Lennon McCullagh has just been announced as one of the first signings to Alan McGee's new label, 359 Music. He's gonna be joining us on the show later this month. It's a brilliant achievement for a lad who's only 15! 15!!!! I'm trying to think back. 15 for me was 1983. All I cared about was Madness, Rovers and whether or not my bowl haircut would lead to more stick at school. It did. 

Also announced was the line up for the Cusworth Music Festival. Dr. Feelgood legend Wilko Johnson is to headline what will be sadly one of his last gigs. I can't put into words the love I have for his work or the admiration of his acceptance of the inoperable cancer that he is, I was gonna say battling against but recent live reviews seem to suggest he's picked up his Fender Strat and battered the crap out of it. In his own words, “I hope my health holds up. I've had a good life and if I can round things off with a few really good gigs then I’ll be a happy man.”


It's gonna be an emotional night but as Wilko says, 'Don't bring your hankeys. Unless you have a cold.'

Another spectacular Do It Unplugged session this morning from The Throbatrons. Some quality old school blues was almost lost in the comedic Spinal Tapesque chat we had. Immense fun and I'm still smiling. Thanks chaps.

The weather's obviously took a dislike to my comments. Opened the back door and it's gone cold. I despair.

Right better crack on sorting tomorrow's show back at Sine FM Mews.

Laters

SS

Playlist Wednesday 03/07/13

Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
Touch Me - The Doors
Sexuality - Billy Bragg
Drink, Dance, Play - Young Kato
Motorcycle Emptiness - Manic Street Preachers
Roxette - Dr. Feelgood
Walking Down Madison - Kirsty MacColl
Night Terrors - We Were Frontiers
Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
My Lucky Day - Bruce Springsteen
Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys
Soul Uncensored - Section 60
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want - The Smiths
Walk - Foo Fighters
In-Between Days - The Cure
Teenage Icon - The Vaccines
Light My Fire - The Doors
Alright - Supergrass
One Of These Days - Gaz Coombes
I Still Believe - Frank Turner
Can You Dig It? - The Mock Turtles
Night Mail - Public Service Broadcasting
Little Red Rooster - The Rolling Stones
Dreadlock Holiday - 10cc
Spread Your Love - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Pink Houses - John Mellencamp

DO IT UNPLUGGED LIVE ACOUSTIC SESSION - THE THROBATRONS

Idols Of The Empire
Ghosts At The Wedding

Honky Tonk Woman - The Rolling Stones
Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
Don't Go - Yazoo
Blue Savannah - Erasure
Shackled And Drawn - Bruce Springsteen
Bagboy - Pixies
Bring The Light - Beady Eye
Indian Summer - The Doors
Chevy Thunder - Spector
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment