Tuesday 30 July 2013

BAIBS Tuesday 30/07/13

I was thinking I'd had quite a prolific month of blogging. This is blog number 19 this month but with tomorrow being the last day of the month I wont beat my current record of 23 blogs in a month. That was January this year. Now given I don't blog if I've not done a show it would follow that in that most depressing and cold infected of months I made my most radio appearances. My least productive being April with only 12 blogs. I have no explanation for this suffice to say my birthday falls in the middle of April. That could be it.

Is it acceptable to say on the radio, 'I'd rather have my ears bitten off by a rabid goat.'? Kinda tough if it isn't 'cos that was my response when asked if I'd like to interview Scouting For Girls. Well, just what is the point of Scouting For Girls?

I'm a tad peckish and there's another box of mussels in the fridge. Dare I? It's like being a member of a dangerous sports club. Think I'll give it a miss and have cereal. You know where you are with a flake of corn.

I was thinking I had a nice steady day today but I've got a phone interview to organise on Thursday's show (the very brilliant Chantel McGregor), a Yorkshire Day playlist to sort out and I'm hosting The First 45 for JJ on Friday and really should have some idea what I'm gonna play. I've been told it's to be a Springsteen free zone!

Now as you know I've always championed us pedestrians as free spirits. Not tied down by no entry signs. No keeping left for us. No parking here between 5:14pm and 6:27pm unless you have a permit signed by the Chief Llama doesn't affect us. (I spent a lot of time there researching affect or effect and think I got it right). BUT I'm fast thinking that the Pavement Code maybe long overdue. Someone walked into me today then claimed 'it was there right of way.' (I know it's their not there but they looked illiterate). And then some old couple just braking suddenly in front of me. A six pedestrian pile up was narrowly avoided. Sort it out people. If they bring in a Pavement Code it wont be long before this government latch onto a pavement tax.

Right, I'm off to glare at mussels.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 30/07/13

Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
My Hero - Foo Fighters
The Eton Rifles - The Jam
The First Of The Gang To Die - Morrissey
Fishing For A Dream - Turin Brakes
Coming Around - The Vans
Whatever - Oasis
They Couldn't Hear The Music - Ian McNabb
Sex - The 1975
Special Brew - Bad Manners
This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) - Talking Heads
Ruby Soho - Rancid
There Goes The Fear - Doves
The Heinrich Maneuver - Interpol
Show Me The Wonder - Manic Street Preachers
Food For Thought - UB40
Peaches - In The Valley Below
Balloons - Foals
Forgotten Town - The Christians
I Got Love - The King Blues
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Spinning Plates - Middleman
She's In Fashion - Suede
A Certain Romance - Arctic Monkeys
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - Coldplay
Postcard - Southern Sunrise
Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins
Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush
The Beat(en) Generation - The The
Baby Don't Cry - INXS
Slow It Down - Amy MacDonald
L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N. - Noah And The Whale
Bagboy - Pixies
Love Song - The Damned
Sound Of The Suburbs - The Members
Venus As A Boy - Bjork
To Be Like - China Rats
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers


No comments:

Post a Comment