Tuesday 16 July 2013

BAIBS Tuesday 16/07/13

I'm just a blogging in the sunshine. Bad Manners wrote that. Good on 'em.

Good morning Ghana. I'm pretty sure I know no-one in Ghana but hi anyway, good to have you on board.

This blog's gonna be a mess. To start with apologies for no blog yesterday. I'm not going for the sympathy vote, though what I mean by that is I'm obviously going for the sympathy vote. I woke up yesterday feeling lousy. Now I'm not gonna rule out the excesses of the weekend but it might not have been that. Honest.

Anyway, alarm went off, felt ill, thought day in bed. But we had someone booked in for the Do It Unplugged Session and I can't let them down so off I trundled in to Sine FM Mansions an hour late. Just the nice steady two hour show. And the Do It Unplugged guest didn't show. Typical.

There were gonna be two playlists again in this blog, yesterday's and today's, but once again my ineptitude (I'm blaming me but it could be hotmail's fault) has left me with only half the email for today's set list. So I'll post yesterday's today and today's tomorrow as well as tomorrow's tomorrow. We all following?

Actually I'm blaming hotmail cos every email I'm trying to send is being returned unsent and I know I can't be that hopeless. Who is this postmaster who refuses to let me email. Bet he has a nasty uniform and is taking it out on me.

A hectic weekend as per. GirlSpit on Friday night showing just what a tight band they've become and in Rob have possibly the most full on front man in Donny. Goldblade proving that as a socioeconomic experiment they are more successful that Yugoslavia. Just trust me on that one.

Saturday saw me and Mark Kelly nipping to Sine FM to congratulate Wayne Ryalls on his 60 mile charity bike ride and generally destroy his Lock Down Show.

Saturday night we don't need to talk about.

Sunday saw the brilliant Japanese indie rockers Taffy play an awesome set. Although communication was pretty much all done through smiles and handshakes. Fluidity were also on the bill, the other band who failed to show up for the Do It Unplugged Session. They had a crisis of confidence and didn't think they could do themselves justice acoustically. I'd say given how talented they obviously are they've done themselves a disservice.

All this done to a backdrop of one of the tensest Test matches ever. Oh and I so nearly got through a blog without mentioning cricket.

Today's session was young lads Jack's House, another band I've seen live a few times and who never fail to impress. Only 3 acts remaining to play before the voting starts. I'm a little excited and intrigued to see how it will go.

Right, I'm off to eat kippers. Been instructed to eat them outside so apologies to the good people of Balby. The rest of Balby can just suffer.

Laters

SS

Playlist Monday 15/07/13

Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
Master Blaster - Stevie Wonder
A Design For Life - Manic Street Preachers
Spies - Famous Villains
So Long - Taffy
Come Back To What You Know - Embrace
My Very Favourite Stalker - The Adulescents UK
Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles
Two Tribes - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
The Electric Co. - U2
Dancer - Auction For The Promise Club
Go Right Ahead - The Hives
Top Of The Pops - The Rezillos
The Killing Moon - Echo And The Bunnymen
Can Stand The Rain - The Talks
Skinhead Moonstomp - Syrammip
Bam Bam - King Charles
Too Bad (That's Sad) - Edwyn Collins
Whippin' Piccadilly - Gomez
Transmission - Joy Division
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Atmosphere - Joy Division
Bagboy - Pixies
Birds Fly (Whisper To A Scream) - The Icicle Works
Night Mail - Public Service Broadcasting 
Midnight Wave - Two Wounded Birds
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

Quick footnote: These kippers come in a self ventilating bag, no piecing required. On being cooked the kippers slide out themselves. I can't explain how impressed I am by this. I'd be more impressed if I'd known 'cos they slid out onto the kitchen floor. My kipper unpreparedness was plain to see.




No comments:

Post a Comment