Friday 26 July 2013

BAIBS Friday 26/07/13

Well first up apologies for lack of show yesterday. There's something amiss with my back. It's possible I did myself an injury leaping around to The Talks last Saturday or it's equally possible that the fan got me. The hot weather has necessitated a fan in the bedroom so I now have the option of being kept awake by the heat or the noise of the fan. I've been going for the fan option but I think the cool draught on the small of my back maybe the cause of the twinge. After a particular painful and sleepless night on Wednesday I failed abysmally to get out of bed Thursday morning. Today I'm hobbling around manfully with a heat relief patch on my back. Still hurts but it's a warm hurt.

Enough moaning.

Shopped again today. Standard practice. Stall on the market sells sunglasses, same place every year. Went, looked, bought. Easy. The second pair of shades this summer. The law of averages states I'm still due to buy at least one more pair. Whether they get sat on, lost somewhere in Hampden Park or generally destroyed in a wet decking incident I can never get through the summer with just one pair.

Joined on this morning's show by the extremely talented violinist Alexandra Parker. She's just finished a charity busking tour. 9 cities in 5 days. a lot of fiddle playing all for cancer research. You can still donate to this worthwhile cause here:  http://www.justgiving.com/Alexandra-national-busking-tour-challenge

Hang fire while I just stick some crumpets on, I'm peckish.

So tonight sees me down at Donny Dome for the Rock4Youth MidTeenz battle of the bands final. I'm on stage hosting. Way out of my comfort zone. I like my little room, just me and a mic. Still Annette Ramsay has (almost) promised to sing on my show if I do this. Then into town to hopefully catch either Auction For The Promise Club at The Social or Yashin at The Leopard.

Spoilt for choice tomorrow. Start with The Darlingtons playing down at Electro Music. There was a possibility of me heading down to London with Bang Bang Romeo but finances dictate that's out. There's a christening invitation too or a freebie at Valley Parade to watch Rovers take on Bradford City. It's all go.

Nearly burnt the crumpets!

Sunday back to work. Sunday night hopefully sleep fan notwithstanding.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 26/07/13

Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag - Pigbag
Come Home - James
Spanish Stroll - Mink De Ville
She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
Better - The Tricks
Night Mail - Public Service Broadcasting
Just Like Heaven - The Cure
Under China - Auction For The Promise Club
Closed Hand, Full Of Friends - Foy Vance
Do You Remember The First Time? - Pulp
I Wish I Was Someone Better - Blood Red Shoes
Bring On The Dancing Horses - Echo And The Bunnymen
Silly Thing - The Sex Pistols
Kennedy - The Wedding Present
Give It Up - The Hothouse Flowers
Soul Uncensored - Section 60
One Way - The Levellers
Debaser - Pixies
Hurricane - Bob Dylan
Freakin' Out - Graham Coxon
Burn This City - Famous Villains
Everything - The Darlingtons
Drift Away - Dobie Gray
Sinful - Pete Wylie
The Dancing Song - Little Comets
Lost - The Pigeon Detectives
Why You So Cold - Wet Nuns
Lost Innocent World - Gogol Bordello
I Lost Myself At Hello - Infirmity
Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones
Miracle Worker - Superheavy
Don't Stop - The Rolling Stones
Hunger - Frankie And The Heartstrings
Friday Night - The Talks
Rise Up - The Skints
Rebirth - Yuck
The Uprising - Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment