Thursday 21 February 2013

BAIBS Thursday 21/02/13

A blog with a difference today. Not gonna have time later so it's a kinda live blog while the show's on air.

Might work.

Might just turn into a playlist! I normally email that to myself for blog inclusion.

So it's 6.40am and I'm just setting up. News, weather, traffic, facebook, twitter, gmail and now the blog page too.

Got the first 5 songs lined up, tweeted them and will no doubt change my mind what I play anyway.

Re-set the clock on the wall cos it's always a minute out when I come in. 2 minutes to. Autoplay off. Time to go live.

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
The Story Of The Blues - The Mighty WAH
The Way We're Made (Made In England) - Missing Andy

Cock up number one. That was meant to be Sing For The Deaf by Missing Andy.

Time for a legendary insightful weather report.

Molly Gray - The DN Allstars - courtesy of Sick Note Tez

Even more legendary but even less insightful traffic report. That said triffic report at first. :-)

Black Chandelier - Biffy Clyro
Fortune Teller - The 48ks (drummer Chris 21 today)

Those who saw the kicking off with tweet will see I've gone off track already.

Touch Me - The Doors

Ad break.

While all this is going on I'm having txt, facebook and twitter conversations. All very confusing.

Boxerbeat - JoBoxers
Useless Noise - The Hidden Revolution (for JJ from Sine FM's First 45 - 39 today)
Two Doors Down - Mystery Jets

More traffic. Same as last time basically but still hopeless.

It Starts And Ends With You - Suede

More ads.

Take Her Back - The Pigeon Detectives
Shadow - Gringo Star

8am. Time for the national and international news. Apparently.

Cloudbusting - Kate Bush
Wild Wild Life - Talking Heads
Roadrunner - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers (Jerry Harrison - Talking Head and Modern Lover - 64 today)

More triffic traffic. It's all go!

Hold Me - Tom Odell
Black And White Town - Doves

Finished my flusk of coffee. I'm all alone till Helen on reception to gets here and I'm not allowed access to the kitchen. Wish that was true at home.

Hands Off She's Mine - The Beat

I can hear the shutters going. Coffee and biscuit time soon.

Alternative Ulster - Stiff Little Fingers (Jake Burns 57 today)

More ads.

Saturn 5 - Inspiral Carpets

I have coffee, a Kit-Kat (white chocolate, 2 fingers) and a Yorkie biscuit. Thanks Helen.

Right Now - Bang Bang Romeo - playing Leadmill this Saturday supporting
Recover - Dexters - followed by a DJ set from
Heavyweight Champion Of The World - Reverend And The Makers

Traffic again. Still makes no sense to me.

The Heinrich Manoeuvre - Interpol

More ads!

Valley Of The Dolls - Generation X
Monkey Gone To Heaven -Pixies

9am. News.

La Tristesse Durera (Scream To A Sigh) - Manic Street Preachers (James Dean Bradfield 44 today)
Talking Woman Blues - The Avit Blues Band (Playing Cask Corner tomorrow night)
Lightning Bolt - Jake Bugg (tickets went on sale for his Donny Dome gig 11 minutes ago)
Enola Gay - OMD (this day in 1958 CND commissioned their peace sign, based on a stopped watch found in the ruins of Hiroshima - 'It's 8.15, that's the time it's always been')

Bloody hell, traffic!

747 (Strangers In The Night) - Saxon (for the Thommos and the insignia dance off)!
No More Heroes - The Stranglers (Jean Jacques Burnel 61 today)
Bats - The Darlingtons

More ads!!

It's about now, with 30 minutes left, that I start to panic about squeezing everything I'd planned into the show.

Jubilee Street - Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds

Sport. Way better than the traffic or weather. I almost know what I'm talking about.

Babies - Pulp
Feeling Good - Nina Simone (born this day 1933)

Last set of ads!!!!

Now doing some frantic maths to make sure I finish on time.

(All I Wanted Was) Danger - The Milk
To Be Like - China Rats (go to short song when I'm trying to get timings right)

Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

News and outta here!

Laters

SS






No comments:

Post a Comment