Wednesday 27 November 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 27/11/13

Fourth coffee's a charm.

It took me 4 attempts to drink a full mug of coffee today. 1st one was at half 5 this morning in Chesterfield. Coffee made, cigarette lit and my taxi came early. Couple of gulps and on my way. Coffee number 2 was purchased at Chesterfield station. Another stamp gained, free coffee tomorrow. Just as well as I didn't get to drink this one. Got on the train and as I sat down dropped my coffee all over the table. I was still mopping the mess up as we pulled into Sheffield. To add to my woes my leg went dead on the train and as I got up to alight at Donny I fell over. And on arriving at Sine I trapped my fingers in one of the shutters. One of those days. 3rd coffee came courtesy of Helen at Sine and as I reached for a kitkat I knocked my coffee, losing half of it over the keyboard. Apologies to all at Sine for losing the use of the letters L, O and K and for the letter I deciding it wanted to continue life as a 9. On today's playlist I claimed to have played ust Fr 9fe by 9ggy Pp. Still they can sack me after Friday or take it out my wages. My fourth attempt at coffee came on the train back to Chesterfield and despite travelling down a track that appeared to have speedbumps the coffee successfully made the journey from cup to stomach without to much fuss.

More disasters came with a failed attempt to buy a charger for my iPod. It's a little shuffle thing and apparently chargers for it no longer exist. I tried various electrical shops in town with no joy at all. One particularly helpful shop assistant, in a store I wont name but always makes me fancy a poppadom, tried to sell me something that wouldn't do the job but looked nice, and was cheaper than the name brand alternative, which also wouldn't do the job. He did suggest the apple shop though. Didn't get a charger but I've a bag full of Granny Smiths.

Hmmmmm not one of my best. I did walk twice round the Frenchgate Centre looking for said Apple shop. It had made a definite effort to confuse me by:

A: Not being called the Apple shop but KRSC or something and
B: Being very shut.

So another day of music free train journeys. Still, I do get to listen in on people's conversations. I have no idea what was being said on the other end of the phone but the young lady behind me didn't sound happy at all when she said, 'We're not doing that again. It made a right mess and I'll never fix that hole.'

Accordion busking day in Donny town centre. One busker made me want to do a hornpipe before leaving me feeling sea sick. Another duet made me pine for real coffee, croissants and gauloises cigarettes.

I'm now going to attempt coffee number 6 of the day.

Laters

SS

Playlist Wednesday 27/11/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Chasing Rainbows - Shed 7
Seven Seas - Echo And The Bunnymen
American Slang - The Gaslight Anthem
North-South Divide - John Lennon McCullagh
Stingin' Belle - Biffy Clyro
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
I Useta Love Her - The Saw Doctors
Supersonic - Oasis
Born Under A bad Sign - Richard Hawley
Can Stand The Rain - The Talks
On A Mission - The Skints
Holidays In The Sun - The Sex Pistols
Panic - The Smiths
Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen
Waterfront - Simple Minds
Days Are Forgotten - Kasabian
Transmission - Joy Division
Graceland - The Bible
Under China - Auction For The Promise Club
Lust For Life -  Iggy Pop
Hey Joe - Jimi Hendrix
A Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys
The Dead Of Night - The Tricks
If Ever I Stray - Frank Turner
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers




No comments:

Post a Comment