Thursday 21 November 2013

BAIBS Thursday 21/11/13

                                                                                                         مساء الخير

United Arab Emirates!

 I know!! 

Oh pay attention!!!

Top right!!!!

That's what happens when you play Rock The Casbah.

Another late blog. Sorry. My life at the moment seems to be incredibly hectic without that much getting done. I'm spending a lot of times on trains. I'm a big fan of the rail timetable. One of the most inventive works of fiction known to man. The only guarantee is that the time a train is due to leave is the precise time that there is no chance whatsoever of it departing. I have many friends who work on the railways and by no means is this a dig at you but I hold you all personally responsible, and just in case they take that the wrong way for the first time in this blog is a smiley face.

Thus:

:-)

Ah, before the discovery of the smiley face or usage of the somewhat annoying lol so many texts got misunderstood. Though there is nothing as frustrating as getting a text that just says 'lol' or 'K'. 

I'm on a train again later today and just found out there are delays due to signalling problems. If I had a case I'd rest it.

Another short show today due to waking up in Chesterfield, still I'm only two more morning's away from a free coffee at Chesterfield station. I'm looking at free coffee Thursday next week. Today's show was flying until Mark Kelly went and got all emotional on me. It's a week tomorrow that I announced my departure from Sine FM and I thought it was odd that Mark hadn't been in touch with me in that time. He was obviously plotting and putting this together: 


Gotta be honest, all the memories this video stirred had me filling up and the last half hour of the show was a bit of a blur. Luckily the final half hour included a Blur triple play which cut down on having to talk. For some reason, even after 4 years, I still pronounce Blur as Bleugh on the radio. 

Back to Donny tonight to trip over some Darlingtons.

Laters

SS

Playlist Thursday 21/11/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
The Hard Way - Dexters
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
(All I Wanted Was) Danger - The Milk
Love Her Madly - The Doors
North-South Divide - John Lennon McCullagh
Save A Prayer - Duran Duran
The Rising - Bruce Springsteen
Saviour - Canterbury
Moondance - Van Morrison
Einstein A Go-Go - Landscape
E=MC2 - Big Audio Dynamite
The Whole Of The Moon - The Waterboys
Midnight Wave - Two Wounded Birds
Teenage Icon - The Vaccines
Why Can't This Be Love - Van Halen
Venus As A boy - Bjork
Birthday - The Sugarcubes
The Death Of You And Me - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Dignity - Deacon Blue
Hotel Room - Richard Hawley
The American Dream - Beast
End Of A Century - Blur
Song 2 - Blur
The Universal - Blur
Minute Mile - The Rifles
Down In The Tube Station At Midnight - The Jam
Panic - The Smiths
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers






No comments:

Post a Comment