Wednesday 20 November 2013

BAIBS Wednesday 20/11/13

Well as soon as the blog's back it buggers off again. Having announced my imminent departure from Sine FM I vowed to do every show leading up to my leaving and fell at the first hurdle.

I have no excuse. Well, I do. There's always an excuse. It's whether it's acceptable or not and mine frankly isn't. I met up with my son Monday night for a catch up and a chat but instead of chatting we just got very drunk. My best mate Ian tagged along. With his bike, the green dragon. I'm praying there's some CCTV footage somewhere of three drunken men on, actually mostly off, a bike. So Tuesday's alarm went off to be greeted with a sod that. Then I remembered why I was meant to be up by which stage a migraine had taken up residency in my head and diving back under my quilt seemed the best option all round.

Oh and many thanks to Andy Milner for saving me some steak and stilton pie. That stuff is gonna be legendary.

Which leaves me with only 7 shows to do. Potentially. The final show on Nov 29th is probably gonna start at 6am (ha!!!) to cram everything in that I want to. You're all welcome to come and join me. I started writing a list of songs I really wanted to feature on the last show. Got a bit choked as I wrote it. It has become extensive and what with the promise of some live performances too I think I'm gonna need 4 hours.

My request policy for the show is pretty much established now. If it doesn't fit it doesn't get played. Which translates as if I don't like it it doesn't get played. I've even said no to the woman I love when it comes to requests. And yes that is the only time I say no to the lovely Tracey. Some may call this arrogance, some may just say if you don't like it get your own radio show. A prime example is R.E.M. - Shiny Happy People. R.E.M. will always be welcome on the show but that particular song is a shocker so it falls by the wayside. But in a pre festive mood of generosity I decided to have a request amnesty but as is always the case people abused it with ludicrous requests so we're back to the my word is law option. You only have yourselves to blame.

Right gotta fly. Well, not fly. I'm on the 12:58 Chesterfield train which really doesn't fly but saying 'right, gotta train' would give totally the wrong idea and is such appalling grammar that I'm ashamed I've even included it here.

Laters (because that obviously is grammar of the highest order)

SS

Playlist Wednesday 20/11/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Jungle Music - The Specials ft Rico
Country House - Blur
Is This Our Day In The Sunshine - Section 60
Pacifier - Catfish And The Bottlemen
Five Get Over Excited - The Housemartins
Can Stand The Rain - The Talks
Johnny Come Home - Fine Young Cannibals
007 (Shanty Town) - Desmond Dekker And The Aces
Saturn 5 - Inspiral Carpets
Smile - Lily Allen
Babies - Pulp
Back Of My Hand - The Jags
Do I Wanna Know - Arctic Monkeys
Everest - Public Service Broadcasting
Sabotage - The Beastie Boys
Fire - Kasabian
Love And Pride - King
Brilliant Mind - Furniture
Fat Old Sun (Live) - David Gilmour
2-4-6-8 Motorway - Tom Robinson Band
The Hard Way - Dexters
Always Like This - Bombay Bicycle Club
Hotel California - The Eagles
Slight Return - The Bluetones
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers


No comments:

Post a Comment