Tuesday 26 November 2013

BAIBS Tuesday 26/11/13

Corresponding blog 2012: I was waffling on about sawdust in my waffles and rolling around in rook pies. I'll be honest, I have no idea!

Big shout out, can you shout out in a blog?. Big write out to Darrin Snider and Jack Barkley from Fishers, Indiana in the good ol' U.S of A. Is that a bit patronising? As you may, or equally may not, be aware Darrin and Jack are the guys who gave myself and Mark such sterling support from across the pond during the 80 hour show. And once we got past the cockle/clam confusion we were flying. We've stayed in touch since and the last I heard they're planning on naming a cocktail after Mark and putting on SiFest just to raise money to get me to the States so we can have a pint. If this is all true it's a plan I'm all over! Although it brings to mind a Monty Python joke:

Why is American beer like making love in a canoe?

It's f***ing close to water.

Is that my invite gone?

And why do we do this whole thing with the asterisks? We all know what that word says. Does it become less offensive due to the missing 'uck'?

I've just had a message from an old friend saying they dreamt about me last night. So I replied with the obligatory 'scary' and got nothing back. That's just annoying. Just cos I always take the p**s (there we go again) about your inability to keep your leg unbroken there's no need to freak me out. You know who you are.

In a similar vein I may have insulted a pigeon this morning. I had a dream about a pigeon. Nothing spectacular. It was just walking round the car park with a toy dragon in it's mouth. Analyse that f**cker. (I'll stop that now). Anyway, I passed a pigeon on the way to Sine FM Towers this morning and told him I had a dream about his mate last night. So many presumptions there. For a start it could have been a she. And what I've basically said is you're not good enough to be in my dream but your mate is. Or even worse the pigeon could have been thinking 'I think you'll find that was actually me in your dream.' So what I've said to it/him/her is you all look the same to me. I always thought I was more open minded.

I believe I've waffled enough and the Chesterfield train is calling. Not literally but you know what I mean.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 26/11/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Breathe - Prodigy
Roadhouse Blues - The Doors
Seven Nights,Seven Days - The Fratellis
Atmosphere - Joy Division
Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello
Hearts Arte Breaking - High Hazels
Kennedy - The Wedding Present
Never Fade Away - Spector
Night Mail - Public Service Broadcasting
Hot In The City - Billy Idol
Torn On The Platform - Jack Penate
Drink, Dance, Play - Young Kato
Dreaming - Blondie
Rag Doll - Aerosmith
I'll Be Fine - White Valentine
Get Back - The Beatles
This Is Real - The Enemy
Spanish Stroll - Mink De Ville
One Drop - Public Image Ltd.
Coming Around - The Vans
Drinkin' my Whisky - Slug The Nightwatchman
Fisherman's Blues - The Waterboys
The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
Elysium - Section 60
Shackled And Drawn - Bruce Springsteen
What You Do To Me - Teenage Fanclub
Heroes - David Bowie
Goodbye Kiss - Kasabian
Golden Brown - The Stranglers
The Miracle Of Love - The Eurythmics
I Lost Myself At Hello - Infirmity
Proud Mary - Ike And Tina Turner
She Bangs The Drums - The Stone Roses
You And Your Ego - Hail To The Eskimo
Coffee And TV - Blur
The Sweetest Thing - U2
Valerie - The Zutons
Goodbye Life - Famous Villains
Is  Vic There? - Department S
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment