Thursday 28 November 2013

BAIBS Thursday 28/11/13

Buongiorno!

Ah Italy. One of my favourite places. Spent my 11th birthday up Mount Vesuvius. Not sure you wanted, or needed, to know that.

Didn't see one busker as I walked through town but I did see a 6 foot chicken. So that's all good.

I have problems with my ego. I've always liked to think of myself as reasonably modest. I was a guest on Andrew Isaacs's show yesterday, Doncaster Is Great. He invites the great and the good of Donny on for a chat. He's been nagging me for ages to come on and as it's my final week at Sine I finally succumbed. He insisted on calling me a star which, whilst flattering, I also found a tad embarrassing. But at the same time my ego does love it when I walk into a pub and everyone knows me and even more so when they praise the show.

Another ego boost came yesterday when I was inadvertently included on a Doncaster Tourist Board guided tour. Before I continue I must mention that out Tourism Board has just won an award at The White Rose Awards. Hats off to Colin Joy and all his team for their tireless, and very often unappreciated, hard work. I was walking past said tour, being guided by my mate Andy, who said a quick hello and enquiry after my yak before he then proceeded to explain to the group who I was and what I did. I should say I'm available for all future tours and at 6'5 I could come in very handy. 'OK ladies and gentlemen. Half hour lunch. Feel free to explore on you're own and we'll meet at 1pm under Saynor.' (Many thanks to the late great Douglas Adams for that joke.

You'll all be pleased to know that I've just successfully negotiated my third cup of coffee of the day. Although after yesterday's shenanigans there is now a ban on all drinks in the Sine FM studio. Apologies to all my fellow presenters that my legacy would appear to be you going thirsty.

So final show tomorrow. It hasn't quite sunk in. I was doing some vague maths and although this is far from accurate I reckon I've done somewhere in the region of a thousand shows. Hard to tell given time off etc. Here's something else I worked out that I'm quite proud of. The two marathon shows that I did with Mark Kelly add up to 152 hours. Some presenters at Sine do 1 hour long show a week. It'd take just under 3 years to clock up that kinda radio time for them. Or if you want to look at it another way, one team's Premiership season (ignoring cup games) lasts 57 hours. Again, a player would have to be ever present for 3 seasons to match the biggest shows hours.

Too squeeze everything into tomorrow's show I will be starting at 6am. So many people who want to come in for a quick chat or play live. Again I am deeply flattered and humbled. I shall leave all the gushing for tomorrow's blog.

Just a quick thanks to the lovely Tracey for agreeing to get up at 4am to get me there on time.

Laters

SS

Playlist Thursday 28/11/13

The Mighty Ship - The Housemartins
Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen
Ma And Pa - Fishbone
Heavyweight Champion Of The World - Reverend And The Makers
Black Man Ray - China Crisis
Blink Of An Eye - You Addiction
Wake Up Boo - Boo Radleys
Reputation - Section 60
Start Wearing Purple - Gogol Bordello
Forty-Five Hundred Times - Status Quo
I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses
L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N - Noah And The Whale
Given To Fly - Pearl Jam
Hjerteknuser - Kaizers Orchestra
Down At The Doctors - Dr. Feelgood
Cemetry (An Ode To The IRS) - Bang Bang Romeo
Like A Dancer - The Enemy
Reach Out I'll Be There - The Four Tops
Where Did Our Love Go? - The Supremes
(Love Is Like A) Heatwave - Martha Reeves And The Vandellas
Good Enough - Dodgy
Weather With You - Crowded House
Just Another Girl - The Killers
Minute Mile - The Rifles
Ripples - The Coopers
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment