Tuesday 16 April 2013

BAIBS Tuesday 16/04/13

There is every chance that I will be a hypocrite today. Sheff Utd take on Brentford tonight and the best result for Rovers would be a Blades victory. There's lots of maths to be done but I think I'm correct in saying if United win then Rovers would need 4 points from 2 games. If United win tonight but drop points on Saturday and Rovers win then we're up. Just let me check that again! Yeah that's the easiest mathematical way at the moment. Could all change tomorrow.

I blogged earlier this season about what a detestable player Dave Kitson is. I always try to be sportsmanlike and give credit where it's due and I try not to be a bad loser but in a Portsmouth shirt at The Keepmoat last season Kitson cheated. Simple as. I abhor cheats in any sport. This season in a Blades shirt he performed one of the most disgraceful and inflammatory goal celebrations I've ever seen. But if Blades win tonight and it turns out the winning goal involves Kitson garotting the last defender, poleaxing the 'keeper, picking the ball up and throwing it in the net will I celebrate? Of course I will. I may say it's a disgrace but I'll be beaming from ear to ear as I say it. I'm like all football fans. When it really, really comes down to it we're hypocrites. So maybe I'll just look for the result and not examine it. Of course if Brentford win I'll blame Kitson.

I've decided I live just the wrong distance from town. Too close to merit a bus journey but far enough out for the walk to be a drag. Especially today. Working at The Leopard tonight so that'll be 4 walks up and down Balby Road. It's a horrible road. Constant traffic and it would appear that the pavement is the approved place for dog owners to let their mutts do their business. Lovely. And very dusty too. The wind is well up for it today. I've mentioned before wind is my least favourite weather. I don't mind a stiff breeze that makes my hair look all enigmatic, like it's escaped from a Fleetwood Mac video, but today it's blowing a gale. I had a full on wrap around going on with my hair. Couldn't see a thing. When the wind did blow my hair back it felt like the Sahara had been dropped in my eyes. A family of four walking the opposite way who seemed to share one tooth between them told me to watch where I was going. Fat chance of that.

Anyway, I must dash. Like I said work tonight and I've a funeral to pay for tomorrow.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday 16/04/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Rebellion (Lies) - Arcade Fire
Hersham Boys - Sham 69
The Stars (Are Out Tonight) - David Bowie
Back Home - The 48ks
Rose Tattoo - Dropkick Murphys
Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros
Hands Off She's Mine - The Beat
Ready To Die - Famous Villains
Sing For The Deaf - Missing Andy
Beds Are Burning - Midnight Oil
Columbia - Oasis
Hey Girl - Dashboard Confessional
One Way - The Levellers
Lust For Life - Iggy Pop
Red Cortina - The Saw Doctors
Just Came Back - The Avit Blues Band
Start To Run - Dexters
Bones - Bang Bang Romeo
Personal Jesus - Depeche Mode
The Small Print - Muse
Destiny Calling - James
Maybe In The Dark - The Crookes
Nothing Our Way - Frankie And The Heartstrings
One Way Or Another - Blondie
Part Time Lover - The Tricks
To Be Like - China Rats
Stand - REM
I'll Be Fine - White Valentine
Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty
E=MC2 - Big Audio Dynamite
Juxtaposed With You - Super Furry Animals
Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House
Antarctica - Sound Of Guns
Don't Forget Who You Are - Miles Kane
The Pink Panther Theme - Henry Mancini
Son Of A Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield
My God Is The Sun - Queens Of The Stone Age
Chevy Thunder - Spector
Transmission - Joy Division
Vicar In A Tutu - The Smiths
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers




No comments:

Post a Comment