Monday 29 April 2013

BAIBS Monday 29/04/13

Another quick fire blog today all because of 18 manic seconds on a sunny Saturday afternoon. We'll get to that soon. Only just got in having pre-recorded a show for Thursday morning. My good friend, and fellow record breaker, Mark Kelly is getting married on Wednesday. My heart says I could do a show Thursday morning but my head for once has took control and said, 'Don't be an idiot. You know it wont happen. Bite the bullet and record a show.' So that's what I've done. I've gotta be out of the house again soon to get down to the Keepmoat to Tom Hark one final time this season. Rovers pick up the League One Trophy this evening and myself and the erstwhile Mr. Rob Dannatt will be entertaining the troops.

Had Marcello Trotta not been an arrogant glory hunter and let Brentford's usual penalty taker take the spot kick on Saturday chances are I wouldn't be rushing around today still  nursing a hangover from Saturday night. I presume I don't need to explain what happened. If you are unaware, somehow, of Saturday's drama no words I can find will do it justice so just watch this. Again and again and again as I have been doing all weekend.





I was lucky enough to be at Rovers end of season awards last night and as I said on Friday it could have been a very sombre affair. As it was it was a joyous celebration and I got to present the players' player of the season award to The Corporal, Rob Jones. I'd like to point out I'm taller than him. He's far better in the air though.

It wasn't just about football this weekend. Caught a couple of stunning gigs while working at The Leopard. The Avit Blues Band on Friday were better than ever, and that takes some doing. If there's a tighter band in Donny I've yet to see them. Saturday saw local guys Hail To The Eskimo showing just why their album, Invasion Of The Hollywood Androids, won the Sheffield Scenester's album of the year. Supporting Cornish band Auction For The Promise Club it was a truly great night. AFTPC (I couldn't be arsed to write Auction For The Promise Club again. Ah.) are gonna be huge. Simple as. As is standard when you wax lyrical about a band people ask, 'Who are they like?' I hate that question. They're like Auction For The Promise Club. Stop being lazy and check them out. I also had the pleasure of introducing them and JJ from The First 45 to the Yorkshire Pie House before I found the Rovers promotion party down at the RockBar. I think that's a win/win/win/win/win situation.

Anyway, gotta fly. That Tom Hark button wont press itself.

Laters

SS

Playlist Monday 29/04/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Wishing (I Had A Photograph Of You) - A Flock Of Seagulls
Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order
Boys Don't Cry - The Cure
Destiny Calling - James
Boxerbeat - JoBoxers
Country Girl - Primal Scream
Nothing Our Way - Frankie And The Heartstrings
Dancer - Auction For The Promise Club
Never Knew Your Name - Madness
The Fortune Teller - The 48ks
The Opener - The Courteneers
Let's Do Rock Steady - The Bodysnatchers
Break On Through (To The Other Side) - The Doors
American Slang - The Gaslight Anthem
The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
Everybody's On The Run - Noel Gallagher And His High Flying Birds
I Am The Resurrection - The Stone Roses
I'm In The Mood For Ska - Lord Tanamo
A Message To You Rudy - The Specials
Silly Thing - The Sex Pistols
Biblical - Biffy Clyro
The Cutter - Echo And The Bunnymen
Animal - The Pigeon Detectives
No Hope - The Vaccines
Stay Beautiful - Manic Street Preachers
The Electric Co. - U2
Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon - Urge Overkill
You And Your Ego - Hail to The Eskimo
Molly Gray - The DN Allstars
Dead And Gone - The Black Keys
Recover - Dexters
Right Now - Bang Bang Romeo
F.E.A.R. - Ian Brown
Ziggy Stardust - David Bowie
Is This Our Day In The Sunshine - Section 60
Don't Forget Who You Are - Miles Kane
Don't Go - Yazoo
Vicar In A Tutu - The Smiths
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers



No comments:

Post a Comment