Friday 12 April 2013

BAIBS Friday 12/04/13

That thing that I did last week, you know the long radio thing that I said I wouldn't talk about. It's still taking it's toll. I'm off for a nap!

I did promise to not mention the show again but I'm still waking up confused every time and still convinced there's a webcam constantly on me. Bit worrying. And every dream is somehow linked to the show. The latest was that my sleep would use up more of my allotted break time.

Started working through the play list for the biggest show today. I'm up to 284 songs and I think I'm 30 hours through! Might post the full play list next week.

And I've woke up hungry. God bless the crisp sandwich. I'm not a massive fan of the crisp but stick em between two slices of buttered bread and I'm all over it. Why is that? And what happened to the sandwiches of my childhood. Tomato sauce was a favourite. As was sugar. Sugar sandwiches. Sounds awful but I may have to try one just for old times sake. I've been lead to believe that it's the sign of being a proper working class child in which case I shall embrace the said sugar sandwich (don't try that if you have a lisp) for all my worth.

This week has flown by but as is the way of these things it's the weekend again. Celebrating Cherry Blossom's birthday tonight down at The Hub for The Doncaster Beer Festival. No Tom Harking tomorrow, Rovers away at Crewe. I'm not gonna call it a must win game but we really must win! Tomorrow night sees me back behind a bar at The Leopard. Paid employment again. Such a good feeling. Especially as the DWP had come up with at least 7 flimsy reasons not to pay me benefits for the last 10 weeks. (Visiting a very ill parent and charity fundraising will get you a sanction on your benefits. Nice). Ah Ian Duncan Smith, not so much the quiet man these days, more the silent assassin. She'd be very proud of your persecution of the least well off, the disabled and the sick. Hope your dreams are as f***ed up as mine!

Think my mandate at The Leopard will be to pour pints, get involved with the band nights and generally educate the masses on tunage. I've spoke at length with boss Paul about the venue's plans, specifically as regards live music and it looks like exciting times ahead.

And The Hallcross re-opens tonight keeping the live music scene going. I wish them all the best. I know just how hard it is.

So this late blog is just about done. See you Monday.

Laters

SS

Playlist Friday 12/04/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Dancing With Myself - Billy Idol
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
Do You Realise - The Flaming Lips
I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Marvin Gaye
Mr. Grieves - Pixies
It's Alright, It's OK - Primal Scream
War Baby - Tom Robinson
The Distance - Funeral For A Friend
Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles
Flick Of The Finger - Beady Eye
Gotta Get Out - The 48ks
Banquet - Bloc Party
Like A Dancer - The Enemy
Wrecking Ball - Bruce Springsteen
Two Princes - The Spin Doctors
Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
Acquiesce - Oasis
Gold On The Ceiling - The Black Keys
Is This Our Day In The Sunshine - Section 60
Go Right Ahead - The Hives
Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie And The Banshees
Burn This City - Famous Villains
Recovery - Frank Turner
Brand New Friend - Lloyd Cole And The Commotions
Chance - Big Country
Vienna - Ultravox
Weather With You - Crowded House
Kings For The Weekend - Missing Andy
Every You, Every Me - Placebo
The Only Living Boy In New Cross - Carter USM
Let The Day Begin - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Drinking In L.A. - Bran Van 3000
Boy In The Photograph - Stereophonics
You And Your Ego - Hail to The Eskimo
See Through - Auction For The Promise Club
Bring On The Dancing Horses - Echo And The Bunnymen
I Will Steal You Back - Jimmy Eat World
Fluorescent Adolescent - Arctic Monkeys
To Be Like - China Rats
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers 





No comments:

Post a Comment