Friday 19 April 2013

BAIBS Friday 19/04/13

I'm eating pancakes like a boss. OK I have no idea what that means. I read it somewhere and thought I'd try it on for size. Not sure it worked. I've had plenty of bosses but don't ever recall them eating pancakes. I've also been a boss myself and don't recall my pancake eating technique being any different. I think as a phrase it's a failure. The basic upshot is I'm eating pancakes. The healthy eating goes on. Does the orange juice squeezed on top count as one of my five a day?

Got distracted then. Sham 69's Hersham Boys playing and it just got to Jimmy Pursey's 'You just hold on there boy,' bit. Don't ask me why but it's just one of my favourite bits of any song ever.

For a change the playlist is going in the middle of the blog and there's a reason for that. See you on the other side of the list.

Playlist Friday 19/04/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Basket Case - Green Day
Ride A White Swan - T-Rex
Just Like A Woman - Black Spiders
Grey Day - Madness
I Wish I Was Someone Better - Blood Red Shoes
Blue Monday - New Order
The Story Of The Blues - The Mighty WAH!
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Feed My Frankenstein - Alice Cooper (Request)
Bats - The Darlingtons (Request)
Kings For The Weekend - Missing Andy (Request)
Feeling Good - Muse (Request)
Whatever Happened To My Rock 'n' Roll - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Ultra Violet - U2
Old Red Eyes Is Back - The Beautiful South
Peggy Sang The Blues - Frank Turner
Start Wearing Purple - Gogol Bordello
Yellow - Coldplay
Settle - The Racer (Request)
Blue - Fine Young Cannibals
Red Alert - Bassment Jaxx
Talking Woman Blues - The Avit Blues Band
To My Knees - White Valentine
Dead And Gone - The Black Keys
Purple Rain - Prince
Black Betty - Ram Jam
Number Of The Beast - Iron Maiden (Request)
Red Army Blues - The Waterboys
See Emily Play - Pink Floyd
Twist And Shout - Deacon Blue
Lady Percy -King Charles (Request)
Fool's Gold - The Stone Roses
Red Light Spells Danger - Billy Ocean
We've Gotta Get Out Of This Place - The Animals (Birthday)
Pink Sunshine - Fuzzbox
Blue Skinned Beast - Madness
Old Yellow Bricks - Arctic Monkeys
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

Hello again.

Did you see it?

I don't give myself a set list. New releases, birthdays and relevant tunes to events this day in history get thrown in but apart from that I make it up as I go along. But after a throw away conversation with Jon Kelly earlier this week I decided to do a playlist that had a running theme. I decided to keep in birthdays (there was only one, Alan Price from The Animals) and requests. Wouldn't be right to not play requests just because they didn't fit in with what I was trying to do. As it was a couple of requests fitted in nicely (White Valentine and Prince, hence me picking Purple Rain). No-one listening seemed to pick up on the fact that, apart from the intro and outro songs and the aforementioned requests and birthday track, all had a colour in either the song title or artist name. And I don't think I'd have picked up on it had I been a listener. It's not until you see it written down that it becomes obvious. I thought I'd struggle to find getting on 40 related songs but last night armed with pen and paper it flowed nicely. Filled 3 hours with tunes to spare. I may try it again sometime. Any suggestions?

So it's the weekend again. Leeds tonight on an undercover Leopard recon exercise. This is helped by the fact it's King Charles we're off to see. And it's a guest list job. As you all know I have no shame. I love a good guest list.

Hopefully plenty of Tom Harking tomorrow. Rovers at home to Notts County. The basic principle is if Rovers win and either Bournemouth or Brentford drop points we're promoted. Hopefully it will be Bournemouth who slip up so we know at full time tomorrow because Brentford is a late kick off and we could end up getting promoted while I'm at work. There is a chance as well that we could get promoted at full time and then later in the day be confirmed as champions. I don't want to think about the permutations if Rovers don't win especially given Brentford away is the final game of the season. Hopefully we'll be promoted by the next blog.

Laters

SS









No comments:

Post a Comment