Thursday 18 April 2013

BAIBS Thursday 18/04/13

A very quiet walk through town today. Not the usual bustle of Donny town centre. Maybe everyone's been blown away. Does anyone know where I can get an English spell check thing? Bloody Americans and their wacky spelling. I've just woke up so maybe a bit ratty but that red line under centre is really annoying me. Where was I?

Oh aye. Donny. Quiet. Not even one busker. On Tuesday I had the obligatory piper. (I still intend to stand next to him with a kazoo one day). A violinist who's backing track was louder than his fiddle, just as well really. He was giving it some Celine Dion. Surely an arrestable offence. And there was what appeared to be a Peruvian jazz band. Think The Fast Show with a clarinet. Very odd. Still, at least it's diverse. Better than the solo acoustic guitarist who only knows 3 songs, 2 of which are Here Comes The Sun, and he doesn't know any of them all the way through. Actually that particular busker used to stand outside a pub I worked at in Liverpool every afternoon til the regulars attacked him with pickled eggs. I think they just threw them but you never know with a group of Scousers armed with pickled eggs.

'Just woke up?' I hear you say. Well working again tonight so thought I should get a couple of hours in. Can't see it being as tense a night as Tuesday was. The Leopard vs The Railway at pool. It was like the Auld Firm on green, sorry black, baize. It gives me great pleasure to announce The Leopard triumphed. So work calls and I've yet to shower, eat or sort tomorrow's show out so a reduced blog again.

I'd get through this quicker if my phone wasn't going mad. In the last 10 minutes I've been offered car insurance (I don't drive), home insurance (I don't own property), pet insurance (have a guess), several loans, compensation for my driving accident (see first set of parenthesis) and penis enlargement (I, er, oh OK then).

As I said, another shortened blog. Gotta fly.

Laters

SS

Playlist Thursday 18/04/13

Tom Hark - The Piranhas
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Pump It Up - Elvis Costello And The Attractions
James Dean - The Pilots
Tonight's The Kind Of Night - Noah And The Whale
You And Your Ego - Hail To The Eskimo
See Through - Auction For The Promise Club
Pelican - The Maccabees
No More Mr. Nice Guy - Alice Cooper
Don't Forget Who You Are - Miles Kane
Aubrey - Stone Ugly
Union City Blue - Blondie
Everything - The Darlingtons
Regret - New Order
So Far Away - Dire Straits
Summer's Child - The Coopers
I Want Everything - The Godfathers
The Zephyr Song - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Geraldine - Glasvegas
Don't Let Me Down - The Beatles
Time To Pretend - MGMT
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll - The Rolling Stones
Nothing Our Way - Frankie And The Heartstrings
My Girl - Madness
Since You've Been Gone - Rainbow
Chemical - Bang Bang Romeo
Start To Run - Dexters
Teenage Kicks - The Undertones
Goodbye Kiss - Kasabian
Gods Are Bored - The Datsuns
Lola - The Kinks
45 - The Gaslight Anthem
I Got You - Split Enz
Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
When You Were Young - The Killers
Tom's Diner - Suzanne Vega ft DNA
Step On - Happy Mondays
Lip Up Fatty - Bad Manners
It's Alright, It's OK - Primal Scream
Sacrilege - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Crocodiles - Echo And The Bunnymen
Egyptian Reggae - Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment