Wednesday 31 October 2012

BAIBS Wednesday 31/10/12

So, walking from Balby to Nether Hall Road at 6am, not the most exciting thing I've ever done. You'd have thought anyway.

Got run over outside the Leopard.

 Maybe I should clarify that. Bloke on a bike went straight into the back of me, on the pavement!! I brandished my mug/flask thing, he brandished, well, nothing but let's say he brandished a bike pump. The following conversation ensued:

Him: Watch where you're going.

Me: (somewhat flumaxed): I'm, a pedestrian. You're a bike, well not a bike, but you're on a bike. You have a perfectly good road.

Him: Traffic.

Obviously 6am is too early for sentences.

Me: There's one car. Parked! That doesn't qualify as traffic.

Him: Well you should've seen me.

Me: You were behind me!!

Him: I've got a viz vest on.

Me: I, er, you, er, really?

He cycled off obviously happy with his victory. Couldn't help but notice during our chat his name badge poking out his viz vest. I'm not gonna name and shame but Graham Thompson you're a twonk. More worryingly beneath his name it said Managing Director. A company in good hands methinks.

Onwards. Got to the Frenchgate to find two window cleaners arguing over who's window it was to clean. More brandishing. Chamois this time. Wet ones. What's the plural of chamois? Maybe I should just go with shammies! But Sheila's probably reading and she'll tell me off. They both had bikes. And ladders. Those short ones that taper to a point. I was praying they'd get on their bikes, ladders in hand and joust down St. Sepulchre Gate. Alas it didn't happen. I'd have missed the show to watch that.

The show. A chocolate cheesecake junkyard cake away fuelled show! The cheesecake was a gift from the Cherry Blossom. It was huge!! Managed about a third last night. I gamefully waded through it during the show, ably assisted by DJ Johnny G who nipped in to destroy the studio basically. He did a better job on the studio than the cheesecake. By 10am I was down to about a quarter left but had to concede defeat.

Halloween special today. I played The Fall's version of Ghost In My House. That'll do wont it?

Tut tonight for the music quiz. I'm quietly unconfidant.

Laters

SS

Today's play list
You Better, You Bet - The Who
Elysium - Section 60
Temptation - New Order
Fictional State - To Kill A King
Hate To Say I Told You So - The Hives
Ghost In My House - The fall
When Tomorrow Comes - Eurythmics
To My Knees - White Valentine
(All I Want Is) Danger - The Milk
Ready To Die - Famous Villains
Sabotage - Beastie Boys
Best Of Friends - Palma Violets
Just Like The Rain - Richard Hawley
On A Day Like This - Elbow
The Way We're Made (Made In England) - Missing Andy
Too Much Too Young - Kasabian
Coming Up Easy - Paulo Nutini
Hotel Yorba - White Stripes
Unforgettable Fire - U2
Born Slippy - Underworld
La Tristesse Durera - Manic Street Preachers
All's Well That Ends Well - The Beaus
Keep The faith - Bon Jovi
Brassneck - Wedding Present
Love Like Blood - Killing Joke
Caravan Of love - Housemartins
I Want Candy - Bow Wow Wow
Lightning Bolt - Jake Bugg
Country Girl - Primal Scream
Sparky's Dream - Teenage Fanclub
Tangled Up In Love - The Rifles
Time For Action- Secret Affair
Johnny Come Lately - Steve Earle with The Pogues
How Soon Is Now - The Smiths
Dead Wrong - Hanni El Khatib
The Heinrich Manouvre - Interpol

  

1 comment: