Tuesday 30 October 2012

BAIBS Tuesday 30/10/12

Spiders. Everywhere. Sine FM Towers is awash with black plastic spiders. My monet's on Machen. Er, hang on, interesting typo. If I had a Monet I wouldn't hang it on Machen. He'd bench press it (or something) and break it. Start again. My money's on Steve Machen as the spider spreader. Saying that I've as much money as I have Monets.

So brand new Famous Villains tune, Ready To Die, made it's debut on today's show. It's another stormer from, arguably, Donny's finest band.

 2 secs, forgot the crumpets were on.

Bugger. Burnt em.

Famous Villains then. They're the business. They look the part. Suited and booted on stage and cool as. But in a business awash with style over substance these guys deliver both. And then some. My grammar's gone to pot. I often lose my faculties when it comes to Famous Villains. Confession time: last time I saw them live (Leopard Sept 10th) they were that good I cried! I could wax on but just listen for yourselves and you'll see what I mean, 4 tracks of the highest quality.

I made a card today. 1st time since school! Too much time on my hands? Possibly! Still my artwork was admired. The Cherry Blossom's just too kind!

So Halloween tomorrow. Halloween special show? Never gonna happen. Might bang out Monster Mash but that's it. Saying that I make it up as I go so owt could happen really.

OK, off to scrape some crumpets.

Laters

SS

Playlist Tuesday October 30th

Jumping Jack Flash - Rolling Stones
Undercover Martyn - Two Door Cinema Club
Party Fears Two - The Associates
This Is real - The Enemy
Ready To Die - Famous Villains
My First Love - Paper Aeroplanes
Chevy Thunder - Spector
524 Fidelio - The Wedding Present
Laid - James
Sound Of Guns - Antarctica
If You Wanna - The Vaccines
The Bartender and the Thief - Stereophonics
My Very Favourite Stalker - The Adulescents UK
Eton Rifles - The Jam
Moondance - Van Morrison
Fictional State - To Kill A King
Back Of My Hand - The Jags
My Girl 2 - Madness
Paradise City - Guns n Roses
Falling Down - The 48ks
Hunger - Frankie and the Heartstrings
Chemicals - Various Cruelties
Handle With Care - Travelling Wilburys
Adore Me dear - Bang Bang Romeo
Lonely Boy - Black Keys
Babylon's Burning - The Ruts
Saturn 5 - Inspiral Carpets
She's In Fashion - Suede
Slumdog Millionaire - The Beeds
Adultery - Little Comets
I Got You - Split Enz
The State Of Massachusetts - Dropkick Murphys
Aubrey - Stone Ugly
On My Radio - The Selector
Quiet Night In - All The Young
Not Too Fussed - The Likely Lads
Love Me Two Times - The Doors
Baby Missiles - The War On Drugs
Slight Return - The Bluetones
Always Like This - Bombay Bicycle Club







No comments:

Post a Comment