Thursday 12 December 2013

This Is An Ex-Sausage. Thursday 12/12/2013

Short blog, my mind's elsewhere, but I thought a blog was necessary.

I'd like to think over the last year or so we've got close so feel free to share personal moments in my life with you.

This morning I had, what I believe is known as, a minor operation. Without going into too much detail I've had a couple of tubes snipped. It wasn't too bad. I was, so to speak, comfortably numb.

What was more alarming was the build up. The diagrams they show you of the 'procedure' do resemble stills from a low budget gore film and whoever modelled for the diagrams is a very developed chap. Hope the surgeon doesn't expect us all to look like that otherwise this morning he'd have been very disappointed.

And of course every bugger just happens to know 'someone' with a horror story about the snip. I was praying they all knew the same person.

The only painful bit is the two needles, er, either side. The snipping itself just feels like lots of tugging. That possibly makes it sound better than it actually is. Also a bit odd is the nurse's hairdresser spiel. Although she didn't end with the 'Something for the weekend?' line.

It is a bit like a visit to the dentist. The anticipation is far worse than the event itself and you come out all smiley thinking that was easy.

And then the anaesthetic wears off.

As Weller once sang, 'Lights going out and a kick in the balls.'

Laters

SS



No comments:

Post a Comment