Tuesday 31 December 2013

Old Long Sime 31/12/13

So that time of year again. As those that know me know I'm not a huge fan of New Year's Eve. So many people seem to wax on about a fresh start and then wake up on the first day of the year with their head wedged in the u-bend, their phone in the fridge and their clothes in a shredder.

Anyway, happy New Wednesday for tomorrow. If you really feel that something's so wrong in your life that you need a fresh start then just do it. You don't need a specific date. Saying that I've just got engaged to the Lovely Tracey and am moving to Chesterfield in the New Year but that's just a coincidence!

(Quick footnote in the middle of the blog. Obviously as I've mentioned before a footnote should be at the foot of the blog. Looking at the size of this blog it's probably more of a chestnote. If it was summer it'd be a roasting chestnote. I'm gonna shut up and get back to the point. Had the best meal of my life at The Van Dyk Hotel in Chesterfield on Saturday night, finally knocking the Paris restaurant from 1991 off the top spot, and in between the beef bourguinon and stilton Tracey accepted my stuttering proposal. Insanely happy are the words I'm looking for here).

Back to the blog.

Auld Lang Syne!? Really. Let's look at that. I made need google translate for this.

'Should auld acquaintance be forgot and never brought to mind.'

So, in effect, let's celebrate someone I've forgot all about and not only forgot all about but no-one else remembers them either otherwise they'd have reminded me. Raise a glass to absent friends but not someone you have no idea about!

And one more little rant. Saw a thing on facebook saying it's not only a new year but a new moon tonight. Double celebration!! Get bent. But apparently this is a very rare event. Not happened for 19 years!! Given the planet is 4.5 billion years old 19 years is bloody frequent!

Rant over.

Treated myself to some new boots yesterday. I'm not happy with that sentence. First off as a Yorkshireman it just dunt scan rate. Tret misen to some new booits yesterday. That's a bit better. But it wasn't really a treat. I needed new boots. I'm a bloke. I have 3 forms of footwear. Shoes for best, trainers and boots. The boots had developed a hole hence the need for new boots. Did the usual shopping tactics. Found boot shop, found boots, bought boots, went home. Sadly on getting home I found there were two left boots in the box. Maybe the shop assistant had seen me play football at some point and thought I had two left feet. Back to shop, located right boot and home.

Anyway, enough for this year. Go careful tonight. Next blog will probably be from under a crooked spire.

Laters

SS

.

No comments:

Post a Comment